Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well the weather may be bad but at least we are doing well in the cricket ! :whistle:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast but dry and forecast to remain so for the rest of today with a light westerly wind.
Unfortunately on the only decent day I have other things scheduled including a visit to the library about midday as that is the only time it is open to the public these days.
Th books I have are due back and I also have a request to hand in. A book about some aspects of Scottish history which we were never taught at school. We were only told some fairy stories about our own history but had everything English drummed into us.
History can be interesting as I discover that someone with my surname was Archbishop of Glasgow and a key advisor to James IV of Scotland and went on several diplomatic missions to Italy,France ,Spain and England. This was late 1400's.
On a more mundane note I got a wake up junk call again about 0730 from "International" and also get a text at 0530 which barely registered as I knew it would be Calmac about the latest cancellation. The late boat today is cancelled as probably no holiday homers are rushing to get here after driving all day from anywhere in England. This means no early boat from here tomorrow which they will remind us about later.

all day road trip today, hope I don't get a flat tire. 4f degrees, but it's also windy

tyred

Legendary Member
I need to talk to my sister about something and have been waiting on her to call me back since Wednesday. If I call her I get call declined and a text message to say she'll call me back in two minutes. Still waiting, since Wednesday morning.

If she wanted my help she rings incessantly and demands instant attention.

Ripple

Veteran
If she wanted my help she rings incessantly and demands instant attention.

That describes my sister. She remembers that I do exist when she wants money. When I refuse to give it to her (which I always do) she then goes into mad and nasty mode.

At the till cashier scanned the energy drink I wanted to buy - "can you show me your ID please". First time ever I was asked to show ID to be able to buy energy drink. ^_^ I know, face masks covering faces etc but c'mon ^_^

Top Bottom