Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't know where the rest of the world is, as it's very foggy here chez Casa Reynard.

Have done some gentle puttering about this morning, retrieved my scattered shopping bags and packed up all the soft plastic recycling to take to Tesco later.

I am currently watching some snooker. All four semi-finalists in the Masters are left-handed. Reminds me of the Imperial College ladies' fencing team when I was on it. All four of us were left-handed too, it use to really befuddle the opposition.

It is almost time for luncheon.

Good news re. my son's saddle bag - it was found last night by a rider from my club :becool:

Bad news re. son - he went down on ice this morning, along with two other from his chaingang, and is a wee bit battered. The bike is fine though :okay:

Ah, well hold the busking then :okay: I think that maybe sewing classes might be more appropriate... :whistle:

Glad the bike's ok tho. :smile:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Did anyone hear a peculiar noise emanating from Speicher Towers earlier today? :unsure:
I decided to have a day off from sorting and tidying.

It was my sewing machine!^_^ Finishing one garment, then there is a second one to finish. Garbage on television these evenings, so I will be listening to my new Sheku Kanneh-mason CD, and hand-finishing the hems of the blouses.

In other news, I am struggling to find a swimsuit that I like. So I have bought a pattern to make my own. It might be tricky, so I will practice on an old (too small) :blush:swimsuit.

postman

Legendary Member
Changed the beds today,got a telly for them,not sure what we will sleep in tonight.Washing done and a lazy day on the sofa.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been busy this morning - pre MOT checks on my car and I've decided to replace the rear anti roll bar rubber bushes - they look a little worse for wear. Had car on ramps, checked I could undo the four bolts, yep, parts then ordered - £12.

After that I was thinking of a quick ride... decision made as soon as MrsF mentioned re-organising a kitchen cupboard - I was out that door pronto.

Only a quick 10 miles on the Ribble. Local roads were a little greasy - climbing out of the saddle and rolling over a damp grid was silly !

Back home, showered, given job of kitchen surfaces to do. Then drop daughter at boyfriends, then to Euro Car Parts to pick up oil and filter for MrsF's car, and plugs and air filter for the Aygo. My car's parts arrive Monday.

Now cooking tea - well a breather, as it's now in the oven.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I decided to have a day off from sorting and tidying.

It was my sewing machine!^_^ Finishing one garment, then there is a second one to finish. Garbage on television these evenings, so I will be listening to my new Sheku Kanneh-mason CD, and hand-finishing the hems of the blouses.

In other news, I am struggling to find a swimsuit that I like. So I have bought a pattern to make my own. It might be tricky, so I will practice on an old (too small) :blush:swimsuit.
One of our manufacturing businesses was making woolly hats of various types. We got the occasional one back from a small wholesale order in bits with a complaint that it had just come apart. Aye right. They had obviously taken it apart to see how it was made with an eye to copying it.
You could do the same with any garment including a swimsuit.

Top Bottom