Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've just got home from looking after the grandkids and ferrying a rather drunk daughter around. She's actually 44 going on inebriated 14 year old.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mmmmm, good thinking. Considering I also bought streaky bacon on YS... :okay:
Since I used to be a scuba diver I had lots of scallops as any dive we came back from with none was regarded as a disaster. My son was also a professional scallop diver for a while. We call them clams BTW.
I hope you only go for dived scallops and not dredged which is an environmental disaster causing massive seabed damage and also taking small ones which we always left.
I cringe when I see telly chefs dowsing then in any kind of fancy sauce. As suggested fry lightly with bits of bacon.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Only two settees and a washing machine to left to take. Unfortunately, they will have to wait as I need to cut up the settees to fit in the car and the washing machine weighs an absolute ton - the last time I lifted it into and out of a van, I nearly gave myself a hernia. This time it needs to go in the back of the car without damaging said vehicle. A second pair of hands will be required.
Big thanks to @steven1988 for giving up an hour and half of his morning to bring his van and help me take the two settees and washing machine to the tip this morning, saving me hours of work and a lot of mess (I would have had to chop up the settees to fit in the car) :bravo::bravo::bravo:

So glad to be rid of these last three big, heavy, bulky items!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Did ok yellow sticker hunting this evening. I was on my own for the most part, so had first dibs on a lot of stuff.

Came back with a lamb rack, ox cheek, two ribeye steaks, pork belly, bacon, sausages, some pork offcuts for the girls, smoked haddock, hake, cooked chicken, lettuce, cucumber, peas, sweet potatoes, baking potatoes, oranges, bread, buns and toasting muffins.

Now chilling out watching the snooker.
Ox cheek is something special!

The weather is not sure what to do here . The mist keeps coming and going and the sun tries to come out and then goes and hides again . :angry:

I thought I would practice my bird watching for the garden bird watch thingy at the end of the month . Plenty of birds today , there probably won't be any come the day . :wacko:
It looks like a flock of Goldfinches had descended on the feeders as there was a lot of squabbling going on . I think I saw 2 Chaffinches .

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A nice 23 birthday miles for me earlier.
First cuppa went down well as did breakfast.

Top Bottom