Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I'm having 2 pork burgers (from a local farm shop, yes we do have them in this part of HK), with crusty rolls.

:hungry:

And :cuppa:

Happy bathday @biggs682 :cheers:

Tribansman

Veteran
Happy birthday @biggs682 and good work getting some birthday miles in

Me and Mini T were out early in the gloom and did a quick 15 miles. He was tired so we didn't push it, think we'll be having a lazy Sunday the rest of the day. Upping my miles since the start of the year has given me an even more ridiculous appetite than normal, need to keep a lid on it on days when I'm not riding but it's bloody hard!!

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Today's our nippiest day of 2022 so far… Coffee tastes extra nice.
2D084AE8-936A-4967-B575-195C57A2ABAB.jpeg

Snow & Ice apparently on its way. 🙀

Mild, breezy and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Did not have the best night's sleep and overslept massively. Never mind. But I have put away the rest of the shopping (only threw the chilled stuff in the utility room fridge last night) and sorted out some apples for a crumble later.

I am now watching the snooker.

And it is almost time for luncheon.

Happy cake day @biggs682 :birthday:

Since I used to be a scuba diver I had lots of scallops as any dive we came back from with none was regarded as a disaster. My son was also a professional scallop diver for a while. We call them clams BTW.
I hope you only go for dived scallops and not dredged which is an environmental disaster causing massive seabed damage and also taking small ones which we always left.
I cringe when I see telly chefs dowsing then in any kind of fancy sauce. As suggested fry lightly with bits of bacon.

To be honest, I don't know how they're sourced... :sad:

I usually pan fry scallops in butter with black pepper and a little garlic till they're just "au point". They don't need much more than that. And if I was truly honest, it's the coral I like the most... :blush:

Although I sometimes will make Coquilles St Jacques...

As an addendum, my mum trained in a professional kitchen back in the late 60s, and she taught me how to cook. :blush:

I don't bother eating out, because I enjoy cooking so much. There's nothing better than being sat at home eating something utterly delectable whilst wearing a onesie and fluffy pink socks. :smile:

Anyways, speaking of food, time to make further inroads into that pork pie... :hungry:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
To be honest, I don't know how they're sourced... :sad:

I usually pan fry scallops in butter with black pepper and a little garlic till they're just "au point". They don't need much more than that. And if I was truly honest, it's the coral I like the most... :blush:

Although I sometimes will make Coquilles St Jacques...
Personally I would miss out the garlic.
Most people probably have no idea of how they are fished but unless it states hand dived they are probably dredged. When diving anything less than a hand span was left to get bigger usually under the boat mooring. Many did move off but for a quick order it was handy to have some easily available.

Top Bottom