Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And you only remembered today?

I didn't want to overwhelm you with information.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Back home eventually. Got an early start so tried for a standby place on an earlier sailing than I had booked.
Big mistake. Got on alright but boat overrun with tourists and particularly bus parties.
Only two people out of the hundreds on board had face coverings despite encouragement to wear them. I was one of them and sat at the forward end of the observation lounge as every time the deck door opened there was blast of fresh air.
The bus parties tried to take over and one tried unsuccessfully to shove me along the seat to get a better view. They also had shouted conversations as the only way to make themselves heard over the noise of everybody else shouting.
I hate tourists in general and bus parties in particular.:angry: Noise levels almost painful.
On the way up the road it became clear why some hate cyclists as there were strings of them and not keen to let anybody past even when there were long passing places.

I have a nice :cuppa:

Just darned a couple of holes in one of my hessian shopping bags. :angel: The bag is very knackered though, but I might get a little bit more mileage before finally having to swing for a new one.

The ebay auction I had my eye on has just finished without any bidders. Am hoping the seller shaves some more off the asking price when he relists it (I hope). If he takes a tenner off, I'll stick in an offer. If not, I'll sit tight and wait.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have decided to stop wishing I was at Glastonbury after giving up my precious ticket.
Weather's looking a bit Stormzy?
It is, and it can't. Which means it's like this for a while now.

Top Bottom