Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Foggy on Ikley moor, 15 miles run the moor!

Attachments

• IMG-20221113-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20221113-WA0007.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20221113-WA0005.jpeg
    IMG-20221113-WA0005.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20221113-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20221113-WA0003.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 3
We walked into town for the 11 o'clock ceremony . I just about made the walk . I'm huffing and puffing today. I wasn't very special yesterday , it must be carried over from my dream the other day . I managed the walk home and then had a nap .
This afternoon I went outside and did a bit of grinding and banging on my helmet's visor .I had to do a bit of reshaping to bell it out at the bottom so that it will go around the outside of the helmet when it suits .

tyred

Legendary Member
I was going to clean the car this afternoon but got my priorities in order and went out on the bike instead for about thirty miles :becool:

I was going to go further but the big black clouds were looking a bit dodgy.

No mechanicals to report today. It's amazing how the 72 year old Rudge belonging to my grandfather is the most reliable bike I have!

I had plans to walk to the pub for a bit of music like I someimes do on a Sunday evening but it has come on extremely wet:rain:

It's been a lovely late autumn day here chez Casa Reynard - once the fog lifted that was...

I slept well - and had a good lie in. Feel a lot better, though still not great. Decided to spend some time in the community orchard just to get out a bit, as it's a lovely space to just putter about in. I also picked a basket of Lord Burghley apples and a bag of medlars, and some New Rock Pippin apples. The latter are really good - amazing to think the variety was developed over 200 years ago... I ate two of the pippins while puttering about.

Although I need to do something about better footwear. My walking boots are waterproof. Until they weren't. My feet ended up sopping wet from the dew on the grass, to the point I had to wring my socks out when I got home. I am not a fan of wellies nas I do not find them terribly comfortable, but I think I had better invest in a pair.

Had a cheese & onion pasty for luncheon, along with a pear, another pipping and two :cuppa: for luncheon.

Just been catching up on stuff online this afternoon while watching the snooker. Oh, and removing ladybirds and shield bugs from the medlars...

I love this photo! Bikes and autumn 😍

Huge lover of dried fruit here, vine or not. Currants the least, but still good. I like the Lidl mix of cranberries and raisins on my porridge along with some sliced bananas and a handful of granola. Dates, dried figs, dried bananas, love them all. Mince pies, Christmas cake, stollen…:notworthy: I’m with @Reynard on Creme Eggs however. :stop:

I'm not the biggest fan of currants either - just a bit too gritty. But otherwise I do like to snack on dried fruit and nuts. My current go-to is Tesco's value "Island Mix" of raisins, pineapple and papaya.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Pleasant ride, through the mist, into town to meet a couple of friends, for the Remembrance Sunday parade.

I'm wondering why one chap who'd turned up for the ceremony felt it necessary to be talking on his mobile phone all the way through the 2 minute silence... 😡

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wakefield Westgate?
Looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, and you might get lost should you leave the station?
That's the one - I tend to tune out of the announcement after 'Wakefield' as it marks the last stop before Leeds.

Fourth train of the day took what would have been the longer, scenic route from Leeds to York except for the thickening mist and early dark meant that the scenery couldn't be seen.

Now in hotel, showered and waiting for the venue to open. It's all of a 2 minute walk away.

Top Bottom