Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Cycling, gardening and washing accomplished and enjoyed today. First day of the year that my legs saw daylight let alone such wonderful sunshine. I was rushing out his morning and was turning the bike around to lean it against the house to attatch various bottles and bags and managed to apply a large pedal shaped bruise and graze to the back of my shin. Ouchy.
I also seem to have aquired this late spring cold that's doing the rounds, sore throat, headache and runny nose. Not impressed.

potsy

Rambler
Thank you for your support and encouragement. :rolleyes:
I thought the lycra was providing the support?

Totally shattered after a very busy day at the ExCel showcasing rescue cats at the NPS ably assisted by Madam Lexi.

After the Camcats disaster, madam deported herself almost perfectly, allowing herself to be fussed, cuddled and admired and photographed by so many people. She only got a bit cranky towards the end of the day, but by then we were both totally cream crackered...

Was fabby to be able to talk about rescue cats, offering advice on choosing, homing and living with rescues. The leaflets I put together went down well and I only have a few left. Lots of cat chat was to be had as well, talking about things like cat coat colours, tortietude, diets, food and general cat behaviour.

One lovely stall holder gifted Lexi with a lovely butterfly cake greeting card after we had a good laugh about Lexi bringing me sucked butterflies. It was an extremely kind and thoughtful thing to do. Turns out the stall holder is actually the artist who painted the card. Another very generous person gave us a Hills gift bag with 800g of food and money off vouchers.

Lexi is now zonked out in her basket. I'm going to have a brew and a cream cake and then I'm heading off to the Land of Nod...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Just watching a programme about the Sepilok Orang Utan rehabilitation centre which we visited and stayed at last August :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.

I love Orang Utans me. Fantastic to see the work that the centre is doing to raise and return orphans to the rainforest.

PS avoid palm oil whenever you can.
I'm going to continue using butter, to give the cows something to do, and to save the Orang Utans.

I just saw 3 Goldfinches feeding in my garden. Was it the premium grade wild bird seed which attracted them?

No it was the weeds! They were feeding on some Dandelion seeds heads. A few minutes ago 3 young ones popped in, they didn't have the red faces.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
Morning all....

Question: I have never had a carpet fitted before and we are looking at doing the stairs, landing and upstairs bedrooms. Will fitters come over two days so we can move furniture about?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Morning all....

Question: I have never had a carpet fitted before and we are looking at doing the stairs, landing and upstairs bedrooms. Will fitters come over two days so we can move furniture about?
They probably will if you instruct the carpet supplier to tell them to do so, they'll do quite a lot to 'clinch' a deal.

A picture of the steam trains that went back up yesterday evening, and a picture of the Goldfinches feeding on some expensive seed.
IMGP3442.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP3458 (2).JPG
    IMGP3458 (2).JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom