Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Off to Llanberis shortly for a 'beginners walking weekend'. Storm Dennis coming in tomorrow so organisers are doing low level walking (quite rightly) or if you chicken out, you can go to the pub. Got all my wet gear with me. Should be fun once back in the pub.

Just checked the location out and we are right next to a small river that caused all the flooding in recent years. The new flood improvements were completed in Autumn. Better hope they hold up as my car will be floating off and I won't be happy. :wacko:

Mrs F wan't impressed when I said 'can I take my bike' :bicycle::whistle:

Never mind a bike, I think you ought to pack a canoe... :whistle:

Have fun and stay safe xxx :okay:

D

Deleted member 26715

1969 vintage, mine; 998cc, twin SU, competition cam... :whistle: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ^_^

Twin SU whatever were you thinking, always out of sync, c'mon get with it, fit the injection system

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I had 2 Minis in the past. A 1965 850 and a 1970 1000. Both were great little cars. The main problem that I had was forgetting about checking the battery electrolyte levels as they were tucked away in the boot .
I also had an Austin Metro HLS with a 1300 A+series engine which kept using up alternators. Looking back I would prefer a mini .
1969 vintage, mine; 998cc, twin SU, competition cam... :whistle: Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ^_^

I had a 1275 GT mini for a while, it was a knackered old thing and it was free. It broke down on the A3 just past Tolworth, I limped it over to a lay-by and left it there, with the keys in it. Never saw it again.

D

Deleted member 26715

What? And desecrate a Cooper?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :ohmy:

Why the blazes would I want to do that?
Cos it would be the sensible thing to do, I made a windchime out of my last mini, best thing for them

Off to Llanberis shortly for a 'beginners walking weekend'. Storm Dennis coming in tomorrow so organisers are doing low level walking (quite rightly) or if you chicken out, you can go to the pub. Got all my wet gear with me. Should be fun once back in the pub.

Just checked the location out and we are right next to a small river that caused all the flooding in recent years. The new flood improvements were completed in Autumn. Better hope they hold up as my car will be floating off and I won't be happy. :wacko:

Mrs F wan't impressed when I said 'can I take my bike' :bicycle::whistle:
Low level walking ! Is that walking in a crouched position ? :whistle:

Cos it would be the sensible thing to do, I made a windchime out of my last mini, best thing for them

View attachment 504579

Hey, I've never made any claims to my sanity - or lack thereof... :crazy:

Besides, that's an 80s Mini - it's more permissible to muck around with them. If that were mine, I'd turn it into a Ministox and give it some welly on the short ovals. ^_^

View attachment 504575

Twin SU whatever were you thinking, always out of sync, c'mon get with it, fit the injection system
I don't understand why people had trouble balancing twin carburettors ? I had a Dolomite Sprint and the carbs never gave me any problems . The Two butterfly valves are linked by a shaft which once set should keep them them in synch .

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I purchased yet another gig ticket last night, but I really should have checked the date first. There's a possibility I may have to appear in Court in London (witness for the prosecution) at some point that week, and I'm supposed to be on 7am start the day after the gig which will be a problem as I probably won't get home until near midnight, so it looks like a day off work will need to be booked.

Sensible planning did see me get return train tickets to Nottingham for £41 this morning for The Mission at Rock City however.

Top Bottom