Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ouch ! That hurt .
"Look what all those negative waves have done Moriarty!"
My wife has been saying not to have an accident .
I was starting off on a gradient and standing on the pedals to power away when all of a sudden the left hand pedal fell off ! No warning ! Just a sudden Ooh! Crash bang bouncy bouncy ouchy hurt!
My crash helmet hit the ground with a bang with my head in it . I got up quickly and looked to see what had happened and saw the pedal was missing . It was lying in the road a few yards away. A woman walking by stopped to ask if I was alright . I said that I was fine . Mainly embarrassed that I had witnesses to see me fall off .
I picked up my bike , collected the pedal and tried to put it back on . It wouldn't go back on as the thread needed cleaning out . I tried to cycle back using just the one pedal but discovered that the bars were loose . I walked to a park bench and called for a breakdown . She was just about to go and do some gardening .
I have a graze on my left elbow and a bruise the size of an egg on the inside of my right thigh .
On the Plus side I saw a Kingfisher at Reybridge. Seeing that bright blue bird flying along the river was worth the pain .

Dr Bob's prescription for this type of accident is as follows,Cake and chocolate to be taken four tines a day for two weeks,plus a small whisky twice a night for two weeks.If symptoms go away,try falling off again and repeat.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I don't know what a Tiree is, I thought it was something that you got soup out of, but if people are isolating does it matter where are long as once they are there they don't move?
Tiree is a small island of the west coast of Scotland with virtually no medical facilities where they are trying to stop people importing the virus. All tourists are told specifically to keep away especially as they all probably come from areas which already have infection. Access is restricted to residents and essential people like medical staff.
I suppose if they were royalty it would be alright to carry the virus to your holiday home and expect to get tested unlike the working plebs. Totally selfish bunch with no regard for the local population.

Still no information from prospective employer. I know they'll have their hands full dealing with other matters but I've got to organise my apartment contract and inform a dozen different government agencies that I've got a job, or not.

Alarm set for midday, and I'll call if I don't hear anything by then.
No email, left voice mail message.

Just got a call from the future boss: Start of work is postponed one month, but I still have a job. Now I need to make sure I still have an apartment...

I asked about the holiday, boss says he chose the wrong time to go to the USA...

Sods Law ! I've been saying that I won't have an accident and this happens !
I've had a banana and a KitKat .
I have cleaned out the thread using another pedal shaft from the wrong side and refitted the pedal. I have also tightened the bars and adjusted the rear mech , it must have taken a hit on the way down .
I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to bruise both sides of my body . I must have bounced !

Sods Law ! I've been saying that I won't have an accident and this happens !
I've had a banana and a KitKat .
I have cleaned out the thread using another pedal shaft from the wrong side and refitted the pedal. I have also tightened the bars and adjusted the rear mech , it must have taken a hit on the way down .
I'm still trying to figure out how I managed to bruise both sides of my body . I must have bounced !

A banana!!!

I really fancy one and haven't been able to buy one for more than a fortnight! :cry:

A banana!!!

I really fancy one and haven't been able to buy one for more than a fortnight! :cry:

We've got some, shall I get the Trebuchet out?

Top Bottom