Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A bit of looting at the Wal*Mart and Target here, and a lot of unrest. Peaceful protesters dispersed by tear gas and rubber bullets so Trump could cross the street and talk before St.Johns Episcopal Church(even though he's a Presbyterian) over in D.C.. He's threatening to call out the National Guard presently. Other than that, pretty mundane here....

D

Deleted member 26715

I have a premium bond, brought for me when I was a nipper. Apart from the checker I can't get on their website, it just tells me my browser is unsupported and advises me to update it, I'm on chromium and its up to date, I tried firefox and got the same.
I'm sure I had one given to me by my Grandmother/father when £1 was a lot of money, but no-one else in the family remembers it, so it may not have happened & I have no idea were it is now, if it ever existed

D

Deleted member 26715

I am just about to have a very early lunch, and have Things to Do. I will try to compose an easy explanation, and post later today.

Briefly, yes there are risks, but the riskier ones are highlighted, and you are told the reasons why. The minimum lend is $25, so it is a small amount to risk. I will try to see how many of "my" loans have defaulted, not many I think.
No rush whatsoever but please do

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Why are there so many abandoned socks in the Mundane Lounge? Small pink fluffy ones, grey stripy ones, bamboo ones ad infinitum.

This explosion of hosiery means only one thing, it is time to call in the experts on footwear crime, yes of course, contact Soco!
If they're in the lounge, they are not mine as they are neatly strewn around the bedroom.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Apologies to the mundaners, but it hardly warrants a new thread
Just sold the Beetle so I have a bit of money sat in a bank account earning zero interest, I don't intend to go looking for something else to buy, but something may drop into my lap. If it does how long does it take to get your money out of the PB's?

Oh just to mundane it, 2nd coffee brewing
And finally, if you mean the prize money, it is usually paid around the 10th of the month. However if you are looking to invest the Beetle funds in Premium Bonds, be aware that they do not become eligible for the prize draw for a couple of months, but if you want to cash them in and withdraw the funds, this will only take around a week (or it did when I needed new car funds).

I hope the above has been suitably mundane information and you will all shortly receive an invoice for £10 each to cover my financial services advice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I hope the above has been suitably mundane information and you will all shortly receive an invoice for £10 each to cover my financial services advice.
Which would have clearly paid had the advice being correct, the PB person tells me that if requested online before 20:00 they will be available in the bank on the next but 1 working day.

Loophole for not paying invoice

Another mundaner with an interrupted night's sleep - a combo of lady issues, an overactive mind and a cat determined to sleep on my head. Hey ho...

Puttered around some this morning doing the things that needed doing, and am now going to knock off for some lunch.

Oh, and last night I put my green garden waste wheelie bin out, and it was emptied about half 10 this morning.

I am wearing red fluffy socks today. They clash a bit with my pink crocs, but I've only myself to please. :laugh:

Today's theme in the photography challenge is "Bumble bees"

NR1F6445_small.jpg

My hayfever is still giving me the gyp. Didn't fancy going outside to photograph bees, so got the paints out and did a quick five minute sketch instead.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Which would have clearly paid had the advice being correct, the PB person tells me that if requested online before 20:00 they will be available in the bank on the next but 1 working day.

Loophole for not paying invoice
Hence my qualifier as it was a few years ago when I had to withdraw funds. Therefore I'll reduce my rate to a fiver each, you can charge everybody a fiver as well and we'll call it evens :laugh:

Top Bottom