Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
One (of the many) hopsitals that I visited over the last twelve months had a full body scanner for temperature taking. I had to stand about three feet away from it. It occurred to me that if someone pressed wrong button, I could be transported into another universe. :giggle:

Warm, sunny and VERY breezy here chez Casa Reynard.

I had to cycle to the village to post a couple of letters for mum, as the postbox just over the other side of the railway crossing still hasn't been replaced. Now I know how much that bout of sinusitis has taken out of me - just over four miles cycled, half of that into a hellacious headwind, and I'm bloomin' cream crackered.

Have also got some apples cooking away with large chunk of fresh ginger, cloves, star anise, cardamom pods and cassia to make another batch of spiced apple jelly. It's lovely on hot buttered toast. :hungry:

Will shortly be knocking off for lunch.

Please don't be too harsh on him, he could be starting to experiencing dementia, or even something like a water infection affects the mind, especially older Gentlemen. Does he have any relatives who come to visit, might just be worth mentioning to them,

His niece and nephew come every Tuesday to do his groceries, so they were there yesterday. Apparently they were trying to get his mower started - from what I could gather.

My dad had dementia, so been there, done that, got the whole wardrobe of t-shirts.

Cyril did come back to apologise - very contritely - later in the afternoon, but I have to admit that I'm still very shaken. And wary.

Bigger than A3.

I rarely work that big these days, because if I do, I get caught up in just that kind of detail thing, and it's a right pain. I once spent a whole day painting the number plate on a rally car... :blush: That painting (Opel Manta, 1983 Manx) was 20 x 16, btw...

At least working 10 x 7, I can get away with a few scribbles to suggest the detail. :tongue:

I have a :cuppa: and a bag of some cheesy biskit thingies.

Am waiting for the oven to preheat so I can cook the chicken I bought on Saturday night. Paid £1.13 for a 1.8kg free range chicken. I did play Freezer Tetris and managed to get the two lots of salmon fillets and the beef mince in there, but I have to cook the chicken as the freezer is now officially full. :blush:

Oh, and the girls will have their share of chicken too. :smile:

Top Bottom