Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think we would simply call them qualifications - the right to use the associated titles comes along with them.
"Occupational Therapist" is a profession. So would the qualification be called Professional Qualification?

The thing is, I need to translate two certificates* for each; in both cases one is my graduation certificate, so it shows I'm qualified, and the other specifically says the person named "has permission to call themselves a _________________"

*Germans like certificates so much they give us two for everything.

I have a £50 eVoucher to spend at Tescos. My quandary is whether I can get £50's worth of imbibables and comestibles into one pannier or will I need 2.

I'd take two - and a backpack just in case... Although you could mitigate the volume needed by buying a job lot of smoked salmon, some schmear and a bag of bagels. ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'd take two - and a backpack just in case... Although you could mitigate the volume needed by buying a job lot of smoked salmon, some schmear and a bag of bagels. ;)
Idleness put a stop to all that. Tomorrow's another day, apparently. Plus, I didn't want to tweak a slightly twingy back after getting cold and wet on a longish ride a couple of days ago.

The n on my keyboard is becomig very reluctat.

Indeed... I plan on getting the fire going, making a pot of tea and taking out my (inevitable) frustration on a pack of jammie dodgers...

I lit the stove this morning, decadent hedonist that I am...

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Bought 2 laptops with money saved from not eating out, etc. One today, one next week because of issues. I had to stand in a line to get in the store, as we are back in 3rd level precautions. Then I was asked what department, and had to wait for a department person to come and get me. I was going to go to the restaurant next door, (You eat in a big tent), but went home and started pruning my cherry tree instead. I have now finished lunch. That is the news from the Midwest. As far as I know, I have had the most interesting morning of anyone here. I also bought a new shirt and some pants, not second hand.

Can't say I've had anything but new Y fronts.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Enjoyed another leisurely Saturday afternoon ramble on the Rudge:becool:

I decided to investigate why my Raleigh Twenty was reluctant to change to third gear and often ended up in the neutral no man's land position between second and third the last time I rode it. I had thought the 48 year old hub was gunged up and I had plans to open it and wash it out and add fresh lube but I decided I didn't need to operate on the hub as I am reasonably certain that the problem is a sticky cable which didn't really respond to my attempts to work oil into it. I need to order a replacement I suppose.

Now trying to prove I'm not a robot by selecting images of traffic lights, tractors and fire hydrants from tiny pictures:wacko:

I used to have a device which forced oil down the cables of my motorbike. Can't say I used it very often.

Top Bottom