Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Serves em right for buying Japanese trains instead of British, they would be OK on the lines in Japan (modern and smooth) but on undermaintained British tracks (lumpy bumpy) it's no wonder they cracked.
Bit like when they had to ask a private owner of a vintage 'Deltic' to help out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-13592652
All of it nought but trouble for old blight with her old tracks and shoestring P'way maintenance. If it wasn't for the nips being so good at building ships the yards would still be open on the Clyde.^_^

Escapee caught in flight. :laugh:

If you can spot her.

View attachment 588679
Looks like a scene from the War of the Worlds movie I skimmed through in the dying dregs of last night. "They come down in the lightning".

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like a scene from the War of the Worlds movie I skimmed through in the dying dregs of last night. "They come down in the lightning".

Back in the cat run, with her fav toys, ear plugs.. she robs any that she can find and carries them round with her (MrsFs fault)

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I drilled 37 holes in the long stumps of a now decimated bush hated by me but loved by the cats. I used a monster syringe to fill the holes with very strong glyphosate. The race is on to kill the roots before using my neighbours mini excavator to dig out what I can before planting a soon to be deceased cat in the same spot.

Expect to wait a fair few weeks.

Expect to wait a fair few weeks.
The damage will be done to the roots by next Friday, so exuberant is its growth at this time the thing was fizzing watery sap for a while after I hacked it to tall stumps with a few branches and leaves left on to tell it to stay alive while the magic happens.
Handy thing with plants and shrubs you don't want is that the branches take two way traffic, once the acid is in the roots it is done for. I have 360g/L for anything green I don't like but a friend gave me some 500g/L for this job, you could wipe out a 9 hole course with what he gave me. When used neat on and in the growth area of a branch or trunk glyphosate kills small trees and huge shrubs very quickly.
So hated is this shrub that I planned its end a long time ago, the wish to plant a cat and some handsome looking foliage in its place put the decision on the calendar.

What sort of task do you tackle, or not, when you are feeling discombobulated?
Usually not the one I might have chosen to do when the loose end is present. In fact it is usually the one I was avoiding, not necessarily demanding of the physique or brain, just one I was avoiding.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
It was wet here earlier, but it soon reverted back to being just grey & dry. Very little done or achieved, but at least I'm being paid for it.

I have a 10% discount code for a well known bike shop, so most of the day has been spent adding a new bike to the basket and then removing it again. Only 24 hours to make a decision...

Post office and Tesco negotiated. Was, uhm, interesting riding home with two very full panniers. Things got a bit wobbly at times. I did manage to get some good YS goodies including bacon, sausages, grapes and bananas. The only casualty was the pack of brioche buns, which got a little bit squashed en route.

I've had a bitsas supper, and now I'm just going to chill. :smile:

Top Bottom