Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cannot be bothered doing anything much these days but forced myself out to chop some kindling using a surplus pallet which I seem to have acquired.
Bright sunshine with a cold wind but occasional torrential short showers. Good job I built a porch on the shed I use for tool storage and stick chopping.
My left eye is giving problems with blocked ducts I think. Will have to try to see an optician but getting a ferry booking to coincide with an appointment is still difficult with so many trying to hide from covid and bringing their infections here.

Bright sunshine with occasional torrential short showers.
:wacko:

steak butty quaffed with some of this on it .... good god its thermonuclear :wacko:
1637776874652.png

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Do they do Pension Experience whereby they let you have days off to see what it would be like ? :whistle:
Having spoken with my manager this afternoon, it looks like I may be able to take partial retirement & the pension and move to 3 days per week on normal office hours after a working lifetime of shifts :wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:. Just got to get it confirmed by regional management before I can start the application process, with a view to going part time in May or June next year.

You don't get rid of me to the Retirement Thread that easily.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
A lightbulb has blown in the bathroom.
Nippy here this morning. F or C, either way.

250DD2BF-2D70-4781-BBBC-E88053F7E716.jpeg
3DC2038A-DAFD-4938-914D-F991E9CCCBA8.jpeg

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I had to take a photo to send to HMG to accompany my passport renewal application. Having no great skill at photography, it was a challenge. Their website rejected my first photo. The reason given was that it was taken from too close. I could see their point. I'm best viewed from a very great distance these days.

Most, but not all, of the errands were done this afternoon. Wilkinsons were out of stock on two of the things I needed, and Jewson don't actually have what I went in there for. Will have to do a click & collect from Screwfix.

Got what I wanted in Tesco, and picked up a few nice YS bargains while I was at it - spinach, a job lot of cherry tomatoes, a large bloomer and tiger loaf from the ISB, along with four pains au chocolat and eight croissants. Oh, and some pork shoulder trimmings off the counter for the girls.

Top Bottom