Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Problem with all those books is that they simplicate. On Mull for example there are several branches of the same clan all with slightly different spelling.
I do have a family tartan but I suspect complete fiction. The other one I could be entitled to is Macleod but which branch as they all have different tartans?
The whole nonsense was invented by Sir Walter Scott the writer for some kingly visit by some George or other.
I am not a purist.
Is McLeod a predominantly a Lewis name?

Anyhow, I remember reading an account that the present day form of the kilt was devised by a Lancashire man who had found that the existing long tartans were cumbersome and inefficient when it came to his foresting workers. Time and motion tartans....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Who's time were you thinking of doing it in, are you in an alternate time?
I'll settle for after the trial.

You know it's cold when one cat is sharing your onesie and the other is parked on your lap...

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
steak butty quaffed with some of this on it .... good god its thermonuclear :wacko:
View attachment 619170
Congratulations, GF, not sure if you know this or not, but the Carolina Reaper is currently the hottest pepper in the world. Now that does not mean that the hot sauce you had is THE hottest Hot sauce in the world, but I am sure it is up there. Pepper heat is measured in Scoville heat units (SHUs). Here is the chart to show the Reaper in relation to other peppers you may know. I myself love super hots, but would not go near Carolina Reapers. My favorite hot sauce I have bottled for friends in the past starts with a pound of habanero peppers in a blender, vinegar, and a touch of salt. That’s it. The sauce that this creates is certainly hot enough for me, deadly to most. Now unbelievably, it is quite a ways down the list, but I promise you that the hot sauce I described would light you up as well. Enjoy! But use super sparingly! But since you have been set on fire now already, there was no need for me to say that. 🤪🔥🔥🔥😜 I am sure your description of that sauce as “thermonuclear” fits it well!

Oh how wrong could Mr Withers be!
I ended up having to camp out for 2 1/2 hours at the service station on the M6 toll road! There was sleet, rain, a lot of wind as soon as I got off the tunnel but when I got to the toll road I went from a steady 70 to an uncomfortable 30mph within 2 miles! Lucky for me I had planned ahead and had my 4 season sleeping bag with me which was a nice bonus :smile:
Back home, bit of a kip, lunch and watching the ladies rubgby :smile: Not sure when I`ll be taking the bike out though!
I didn't know Vivaldi made sleeping bags? :wacko: Must have provided an income during the quieter times . :whistle:

Top Bottom