Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just arriving at Bury St. Edmunds and it's turned into quite a nice afternoon - dry, sunshine and no rain bearing clouds.

Should be home in about 75 minutes and I really need a coffee as the Starbucks at Peterborough was closed ☹️

oldwheels

Legendary Member
My weekend place but still not sure where I would put the decking. 🤔
Rain arrived so the cars wipers got exercised on the return from Sainsbury's where it seemed the system was starting to go down with self scanners not recording at the first attempt and far too many tills not having a green light above them. Got through them okay and the Nectar app/ card knocked almost a quarter of what the bill would have been along with points worth £1.26 cashback.
Prior to that a M&S Simply Food for gift card free bananas and a coffee & walnut cake.
Got home to a freshly baked loaf, but the first one with my new bread maker where the paddle has stuck in the loaf. Awaits the noise of metal on metal when cutting it.
Update: a bit of careful excavation of the underside of the loaf and the paddle extracted.

The paddle always stick in mine and I have a pair of fine nose pliers handy. It is simple to ease it out without major excavations.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out a nice day so got the trike out for a short run. This was with the Kettwiesel e trike. The past time I did this I used the ICE Adventure with lowered gearing which seemed easier on the off road hill.
Pictures were difficult but somebody has made an effort to clear a view.
This shows Mull on the right with Calve on the left. The passage between is the Diorlinn. A Calmac ferry heading down the Sound can be seen behind the branches on the left.

57FF55CA-AA31-46D9-9456-A61AAB1AA4BF.png

tom73

Guru
For a while the bathroom sink has been draining slowly. Thought it was the drain cover was blocked up , this afternoon it got noticeably worse. So had a look the cover is partly blocked up but the it's the drain that's blocked. It is partly still draining but not any great effort.
Looks like its a call to the council to sort it, as it's easter holidays I can only report it as an emergency repair. Now the issue is they can come at any time even though its out side we are still expected to be in. I don't fancy staying up till lord knows when. So may leave it till tomorrow. The toilet is working just fine so it's not like it needs doing now.

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with herrings in cream sauce, the other with egg mayonnaise (one egg cracked while I was hard boiling them), plus an apple, a banana and two :cuppa:

Did a Covid test and it is negative. So either just hay fever or some bog standard sniffles. That's a relief. Means I can carry on with my plans for the remainder of the Easter weekend as normal.

Have done some chores, and will tootle off after a sit down to put a bit of time in on one of my various projects that are in need of attention.

dicko

Guru
For some reason the Burglar Alarm went off. We never ever use it and was given the code seven years ago when we moved in. Two hours later after looking everywhere I suddenly remembered a secret spot where I used to hide passwords and there it was, peace at last and SWMBO happy now. It was touch and go with the neighbors though.

Top Bottom