Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
My balcony is fixed after 3 or 4 months of arguing and being insulted by the world's most bad tempered man. He sent in a proper builder who will be back tomorrow to finish off the small details.

Weather still nice and starting to get a bit warmer now. Had a nice 32 mile ride on the single speed this evening. Just over a 100 miles so far this week. Definitely starting to feel a bit fitter.

Ripple

Veteran
A mere 11 mile bike ride today resulted in 4 punctures. That's easily my record. If I hadn't punctured, it would have been more than 11 miles, but I was losing interest by the time the 4th one came along.
My all time record is 6 punctures during 100k ride. Tyres (Michelin I think) went straight to the bin after I got home.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
A mere 11 mile bike ride today resulted in 4 punctures. That's easily my record. If I hadn't punctured, it would have been more than 11 miles, but I was losing interest by the time the 4th one came along.

Last year on the FNRttC to Bognor, one chap had six punctures by the time we got to the halfway stop (25 miles or so). Ride leader indicated he should head to Gatwick station. I did get one on the Waterloo bike path…having ridden the 77 miles from home without a visit.

Reynard

Guru
I have just spent an increasingly frustrating evening establishing that what, on the face of it, looked like a large group of promising auction lots, were in fact several old press packs split out, jumbled up, and then groups of "bits" listed according to driver. Mostly wrongly listed as well. Ergo there is no new material there at all, and separated out, the vast majority of the lots are near enough worthless. A bit of a let-down really.

The seller would have likely realised much more money if he'd kept all the press packs intact, as the complete packs, wallet / cover included, are actually quite rare. Mainly due to other people having done the exact same thing in the past.

OK, they'll never fetch £££ because rare and valuable are two completely different things. But with ephemera, so much of it simply ends up in the bin. And once it's gone, it's gone.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

My all time record is 6 punctures during 100k ride. Tyres (Michelin I think) went straight to the bin after I got home.

Last year on the FNRttC to Bognor, one chap had six punctures by the time we got to the halfway stop (25 miles or so). Ride leader indicated he should head to Gatwick station. I did get one on the Waterloo bike path…having ridden the 77 miles from home without a visit.
I've managed two shortish rides with multiple punctures: at least 4 or 5, but one was a canal bank so notorious for pointy bits!

On my LEJOG, with 1,200 miles riding, on Continental 4 seasons 32 mm's, I had no sudden deflation issues whatsoever. ☺️

So it goes...

As I lay awake waiting for the alarm to go off my mind was wandering. It latched on super hero's! Spiderman! What actually were the super powers that he had following being bitten by a radio active spider. Did he develop spinnerets so that he could make cobwebs? Did he develop 8 eyes or legs? Did he develop a fear of having sex incase the female killed and ate him? :wacko:

Top Bottom