Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Another day of the car stuff, 1st job was picking up the hire car only to get a phone call saying the car we'd booked. Was still being used so they had to find a different one. So that meant tea time pick up once home a quick turn round for Charles vet appointment. To check for his kidneys are doing. So all in all not had time to start anything without breaking off for other things.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Turned out to be a blazing hot day so shorts on for a pootle about on the ICE trike.
It takes my legs at least 2 miles to get warmed up and ready for more serious workout. Any steep hills before that are a nightmare to get up.
Out early to the chemist for my meds. but they had not opened up and a queue was forming so I waited looking out over the bay. A very strange looking cruise liner was just leaving. It looked like a giant slug but looking straight into the sun I could not take a photo.
Pharmacist arrived in her car and while I could not lipread it was evident she was using rude words at being unable to find anywhere to park due to touroid camper vans.
Next call was the dentist as the antibiotics were not killing off the gum infection after tooth extraction. I had to sit and wait a whole 15 minutes before being whisked into the chair for remedial work for which I was not charged. Good service.
After spending a small fortune on diesel for my car I had a nice sit in the sunshine for a while.

tom73

Guru
Talking of Charlie Mrs 73 has just got off the phone with the Vet. He'd phone though Charles blood results and he's very pleasantly surprised and really happy. They show his kidney function is now within range and the other kidney markers are well in normal range.
So every thing we are doing together with his meds are not only working but working very well. The vet has said we've done really well and carry on what we are doing. Charlie can now move to 3 month check up. :wahhey:
Just the news we needed given the week its turned out to be

Mike_P

Guru
If its dry it'll rain/drizzle, if its raining or drizzling it will be dry. Opted for 10k on the folding indoor bike thingy which covered watching GCN News as far as the caption competition. Road works advancing quickly so hoping by the weekend normal ebike routes and common road bike return route will be clear of obstruction / temp lights with a sensor that probably does not detect a cyclist. Suppose to be a new electric main but all they are doing is placing a thin corruagted pastic piping so presumably the cable is going to pulled through by some robotic device which hopefully does not get stuck somewhere. They have left a hole in the verge where a ninety degree turn is neccessary.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's a humid and currently dry day here chez Casa Reynard after plenty of rain overnight and early doors.

Slept ok-ish. Have spent the morning working on some writing and sorting out some paperwork. According to the forecast, it looks like it'll be dry this afternoon, and so I will probably pot on the tomato and strawberry plants I bought last week.

The kitten I was offered is now on the CP website, and looking at her photo I think I made the right decision in saying no. She doesn't grab me visually, and frankly, she looks a little bit terrified. There is another cat on their website that is a *much* closer fit to what I'm looking for, so I'm actually rather surprised that I wasn't offered this one instead. I get the sense that the people at CP are either a) not listening to me at all or b) think that they know far better than me about what it is I want.

I may arrange to go and meet this girl, though it's a bit up in the air at the moment. Because I'm currently waiting to hear back from the friend who is fostering a cat that I'm interested in for a breed rescue as to whether the issue with this girl's eyes (corneal ulcers) is fixable or whether it's chronic and has led to other non-fixable problems. This cat was surrendered to a breed rescue by an elderly owner who was too unwell to look after her properly, and so she is in a bit of a state of neglect. It's one of those sad situations that you can't pass judgement on.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon, and a certain furry madam will be wanting her chicken...

We've had another one 'move in' to ours, a shorthair tricolour. A stray she lived for a time with the Romanians next door but then their ginger tom bopped her one and she moved to another Romanian couple 3 doors away but it seems they just put food outside for her but then one day she found our cat-flap and the bowls of biccies on the floor so decided "I like it here" and stopped, the 5th* cat to have come here through their own choice and it's not like we lock em up as they have permenant access to the cat-flap and outdoors.

• Whitey, an odd eyed white shorthair who slept in a car that was slowly being stripped for parts
  • Fifi, a black and white shorthair who was from Walsall that after a domestic brakeup came to live at the girl's cousins house with her (Fifi's) 4 kittens. just wandered down the garden one day and Maz heard the cousin (Corinne) saying "well we've found homes for the kittens but not the mum who seems to have cleared off" so Maz popped round and explained and we adopted her.
  • Fluff, a long haired black and white feral who used the house as a 'crash pad' and feeding station for months and hissed at us until I decided to make friends with him when Maz was away.................took me three days but when Maz returned she was shocked to see Fluff curled up on my lap.
  • Woody, a black shorthair rescue from a feral colony that when the 'rescuer' moved got left behind and no wonder as he used to 'poop' anywhere. One good thing was he didn't get on with Fluff and used to hiss at him, but Fluff (an entire male) wasn't having any of that so used to chase Woody and if he caught him battered seven shades out of him.

We've had another one 'move in' to ours, a shorthair tricolour. A stray she lived for a time with the Romanians next door but then their ginger tom bopped her one and she moved to another Romanian couple 3 doors away but it seems they just put food outside for her but then one day she found our cat-flap and the bowls of biccies on the floor so decided "I like it here" and stopped, the 5th* cat to have come here through their own choice and it's not like we lock em up as they have permenant access to the cat-flap and outdoors.

• Whitey, an odd eyed white shorthair who slept in a car that was slowly being stripped for parts
  • Fifi, a black and white shorthair who was from Walsall that after a domestic brakeup came to live at the girl's cousins house with her (Fifi's) 4 kittens. just wandered down the garden one day and Maz heard the cousin (Corinne) saying "well we've found homes for the kittens but not the mum who seems to have cleared off" so Maz popped round and explained and we adopted her.
  • Fluff, a long haired black and white feral who used the house as a 'crash pad' and feeding station for months and hissed at us until I decided to make friends with him when Maz was away.................took me three days but when Maz returned she was shocked to see Fluff curled up on my lap.
  • Woody, a black shorthair rescue from a feral colony that when the 'rescuer' moved got left behind and no wonder as he used to 'poop' anywhere. One good thing was he didn't get on with Fluff and used to hiss at him, but Fluff (an entire male) wasn't having any of that so used to chase Woody and if he caught him battered seven shades out of him.

A tortie & white, huh?

Cats seem to know where the cat people are located. :smile: And good on you for caring xxx

classic33

Leg End Member
When I finished in my previous job in May 2016, I still had a computer with Windows 95 sitting on my desk. I used it to connect and program/fault find old telecoms systems from the 1990s (a few customers still had such things) over an analogue modem. We were never able to get the software required to work on XP for some reason so we kept the old computer alive.
What was wrong with Windows 95?
I have four different versions, plus the upgrade from c to d.

When I finished in my previous job in May 2016, I still had a computer with Windows 95 sitting on my desk. I used it to connect and program/fault find old telecoms systems from the 1990s (a few customers still had such things) over an analogue modem. We were never able to get the software required to work on XP for some reason so we kept the old computer alive.

This is exactly why I'm still using the Vaio, as my good imaging software won't work with Win 10, and I don't want to fork out to "rent" the newer version. TBF, I also don't need the excessive functionality of the newer software.

classic33

Leg End Member
This is exactly why I'm still using the Vaio, as my good imaging software won't work with Win 10, and I don't want to fork out to "rent" the newer version. TBF, I also don't need the excessive functionality of the newer software.
I'm still running XP on the computer, due to working hardware replacement costs. Especially when they work.

An A0 printer is expensive these days.

Top Bottom