Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Driech morning and light rain showers forecast and right on cue one has started.
Fight with a tick this morning which I can only have picked up in my garden. Deer were in there last year and the only other animals would be cats.
Settled in the soft tissue behind my right knee where I cannot see it without a mirror.
Fortunately I always have a tick removal kit handy and have several stashed in various places. I do not find the usual tools much good and needle nose tweezers are best for me.
Mirror and torch in my left hand and needle nose tweezers in right hand. After a long struggle to get the coordination right I thought I had got it out but there may be a bit of head left so more digging and I think it is all out. It is not good to leave any bits there. Finish with an elastoplast with tea tree oil on the pad.
It may not suit everybody but I have found that tea tree is the best after a tick removal.
In such cases I would normally take my problem to the local surgery but naturally it is closed on Sunday and Monday is also a holiday. The nearest A&E which would be open is 21 miles away.
Wives are very handy in such cases but unfortunately I no longer have one.

Driech morning and light rain showers forecast and right on cue one has started.
Fight with a tick this morning which I can only have picked up in my garden. Deer were in there last year and the only other animals would be cats.
Settled in the soft tissue behind my right knee where I cannot see it without a mirror.
Fortunately I always have a tick removal kit handy and have several stashed in various places. I do not find the usual tools much good and needle nose tweezers are best for me.
Mirror and torch in my left hand and needle nose tweezers in right hand. After a long struggle to get the coordination right I thought I had got it out but there may be a bit of head left so more digging and I think it is all out. It is not good to leave any bits there. Finish with an elastoplast with tea tree oil on the pad.
It may not suit everybody but I have found that tea tree is the best after a tick removal.
In such cases I would normally take my problem to the local surgery but naturally it is closed on Sunday and Monday is also a holiday. The nearest A&E which would be open is 21 miles away.
Wives are very handy in such cases but unfortunately I no longer have one.

Oh dear! I feel sorry for you !
Did you get the little bu99er? I would have taken pleasure in placing it on a concrete slab and hitting it with a 1 lb hammer!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Oh dear! I feel sorry for you !
Did you get the little bu99er? I would have taken pleasure in placing it on a concrete slab and hitting it with a 1 lb hammer!

No idea where it went but it would be mangled anyway. Very satisfying when you get one out intact and as it runs off get it on a hard surface and a satisfying crunch under a fingernail. They move at a fair rate so you have to be quick to catch them. Largest number I ever had was 42 at one time but fortunately I still had a wife then tho' she also had a large number attached.

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 is now off sick so everyones routine is out and it's messing my head. Spent most of my time last few weeks looking online or reading up on cars. Started with looking at a car at a different branch of a dealership we've used before. It was a mess not been cleaned and smelt of smoke, a few paint touchers needed. The sales man admitted it should not be on forecast like this. Told it would all be done before sale. We walked away not impressed no way having that.
My old car was picked up this week just waiting on the payout which with no messing about was more than happy with. In fact it's above the market price reflecting it's condition.
Also this week we went looking at another this time a local van dealer who's AA approved. The car was fully clean though out lovely tidy car, left us to it so had good look round. Full service history and 8 months MOT.
So we've bought it the guy is lovely it's getting full service , new MOT and told leave it till Wednesday as he's the AA inspector coming so will get him to do a full inspection on it.
It's a few little paint chips to do and few more miles on the clock i'd like nothing massive. But over all it's a nice tidy car and it felt right from the start.
That's one less thing to worry about just need to get Mrs 73 sorted out now.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Raining heavily after a bit of thunder

Top Bottom