Muscle weight gain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Been doing some big rides in the last 3 months and I have noticed a definite increase in the "meatiness" of the thighs, to the extent that they even feel heavier when I walk. I have just weighed myself and I have put on 3 kilos! That's definitely not fat because this year I'm in the best physical shape I've ever been in my life.

Flinkin' blip!

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
A kilo per month in muscle mass is quite a lot... 1/2lb a week just from riding ?!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
A kilo per month in muscle mass is quite a lot... 1/2lb a week just from riding ?!

Well okay it's a bit hit & miss because I'm clothed and standing on a lab scales but it's somewhere around 2-3 kilos. Last time I weighed myself must have been January or February. Thanks to taking up road riding 18 months ago and having a very strong riding buddy I am certainly now the fittest I have ever been in my life and the effect on my leg muscles has been dramatic. (I'm also suffering knee pain as you'll see from my other post but I'm damned if I'm going to slow down now!)

Added: during that 18 months my resting HR has dropped from 52 to 48, I often check it on waking in the morning.

Top Bottom