Must see places on the way up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goody

Veteran
Not long till I set off now. I've got a couple more days than I originally thought to do the trip, 13. I want to go via Arran the rest of the route is still in the planning (well copying what others have planned) stage. Any must see sights on the way? I was going to use the Avonmouth Bridge but if the Clifton Suspension Bridge is recommended I'll take that. Cheers!

snorri

Legendary Member
I've got a couple more days than I originally thought to do the trip, 13.. Any must see sights on the way?

There will be little time for sightseeing if you only have 13 days. There are countless must see sights, but any advice would depend on what interests you, and you have not said.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not long till I set off now. I've got a couple more days than I originally thought to do the trip, 13. I want to go via Arran the rest of the route is still in the planning (well copying what others have planned) stage. Any must see sights on the way? I was going to use the Avonmouth Bridge but if the Clifton Suspension Bridge is recommended I'll take that. Cheers!

The white cliffs of Dover are a must see, as are the Norfolk Broads... and St. David's is delightful this time of year, as is Anglesey and Lindisfarne... no LEJOG is complete without taking in these sights

OP
OP
goody

goody

Veteran
The white cliffs of Dover are a must see, as are the Norfolk Broads... and St. David's is delightful this time of year, as is Anglesey and Lindisfarne... no LEJOG is complete without taking in these sights

I've already been to St. Davids and Anglesey and very nice they were too. Lindisfarne, Norfolk Broads and The White Cliffs look interesting maybe I'll visit them on the ride back.

Rebel Ian

I think we may be going over to do that also

Unfortunately it has a reputation for suicide jumps, so I'm hoping we aint to depressed by the time we get there

It's a steep climb up to Clifton but no worse than you'll have done through Cornwall and Devon! We were quite pleased once we'd got to Clifton as it meant we were only a mile from our overnight stop!

It's difficult to answer this question - in terms of 'must see' places - you've got the entire country! The most interesting thing for me was how everything changed as the journey progressed. That was my lejog 'must see'!

Rebel Ian

The Scottish Highlands is without question the absolute "must see". The journey on the A82 along Loch Lomond then up into the mountains and out the other side into Glencoe is the most breathtaking bike ride I will ever do. We did 96 miles that day and I'd do them again tomorrow. Amazing. Definitely the way to go rather than the A9.

Nozzer

Can't agree more rebel Ian, A82 loch lomond to sperm bridge was by far the best day riding, Rannoch moor to glencoe is quite simply breathtaking, one that I'll never forget.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Carrying on from bridge fetish's are you going over the Severn Bridge towards Chepstow ? That is amazing to ride over. Also you have Tintern Abbey just up the road from there and a nice stop off for food at the Old Station not far from Tintern.

Top Bottom