Musty mouldy smell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Can't you wash it properly in warm or hot water? Or dry clean it?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Something like Febreeze will freshen it up by replacing the smell with another smell but do you want to walk round smelling Febreeze all day? The problem is that certain textiles do have the ability to absorb odour molecules, which they will also slowly give up. My advice would be to hang it in a very warm dry place like an airing cupboard for a few days to air it off.

If it's a decent wool coat. wear it and smell fusty with pride as that's how our ancestors must have smelled in the centuries before motor cars, heating, frequent showers and warm, dry houses.

Keith Oates

Janner
If it's 'just like new' do you mean it came out of the factory smelling musty.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 3544324, member: 9609"]

it only cost £2

&
bollocks with that it is a good'un, just like new[/QUOTE]

If is that that good in your opinion and you want rid of the smell then why baulk at paying for something that may help irrespective of how much you paid for it?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
[QUOTE 3544364, member: 9609"]at a guess dry cleaning would be £10 or more - I'm looking for a cost effective solution[/QUOTE]
Even so, the wear and use you'll get out of the coat at £12 is still better VFM than buying a new one that smells better from the off I would have thought.

How about something odour neutralising or nicely aroma'd in a solution of really hot water so it steams nicely, put on a working radiator to keep it warm and tent the coat over it so the steam infuses through the fabric as best it can and may displace or compete with the mustiness?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is it wool or cotton or something synthetic? How can the CC technical team help you if you don't give all the facts?

Top Bottom