Mutant 8 legged freak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I shall NEVER sleep again now..............:cry:
:giggle: I thought it was only images of me that kept you from sleeping :thanks:

Risex4

Dropped by the autobus
Spiders don't normally bother me, Im happy to let them be as long as I know where they are.

The exception to this is the bedroom; any blighter in there has crossed the Rubicon. Got home at 11pm once after a 12 hour day plus 1 hour commute either way to find one scouting the boxes on top of the wardrobe; that was a ding dong battle, especially when I found out it had a twin brother! Regretfully, they transpired to being better versed in guerilla warfare than I, and after a solid 90 minutes of hide and seek (on both sides :shy:) I tried to accept their détente. I think I lasted about 5 minutes with the lights out listening to them manouvering themselves around on the boxes (my tactical evaluation was a dead-of-night commando raid on my position) before I initiated a brave rearguard action/meekly retreated to the spare room with my tail between my legs.

Major Dyson called in a blitz the next day. There were no survivors.

The only other time one has got the drop on me, I was sat on the throne at work during a break, happily minding my own business - so to speak - marvelling at getting paid to mind said business, when I caught a movement out of the corner of my eye. Slowly turn my head to find a beast as large as my hand climbing the wall next to me. Needless to say I was sat in the right place...

buddha

Veteran
I only get to see bits of spider indoors.
<<< This cat has a habit of torturing them, and pulling them apart limb, by limb:sad:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Not a big fan of spiders, they frighten the life out of me in fact :blush:
I do own a couple of tarantulas though, to help with the phobia and it's helped, a bit...

We get those spiders down here that live in tube webs in walls (Segestria Florentina's) and they still give me the creeps. Got bitten by a small one a few Years ago whilst getting the washing in, it must've been on something that got squashed against my arm.
I did put up a youtube video of a massive female one eating a locust right outside our back door a couple of Years ago but I've changed youtube accounts since then and it doesn't appear to be online any more.
Here's what they look like (not my picture)
images%5CPictures%5CSegestria_florentina_female_JL4564_4081.JPG

In the Summer we're "lucky" enough to have hundreds of these things in our walls with a fair few making our way into the bathroom come Autumn, horrible creepy things!

The tarantulas don't seem half as bad, even the Orange baboon which is reputedly insanely aggressive and has a painful bite

calibanzwei

Tegenaria duellica found outside, dominating the leylandii :biggrin:
Photo0668E001E001.jpg

Spider%2520fun.jpg

OP
OP
Peteaud

Peteaud

Veteran
Not a big fan of spiders, they frighten the life out of me in fact :blush:
I do own a couple of tarantulas though, to help with the phobia and it's helped, a bit...

We get those spiders down here that live in tube webs in walls (Segestria Florentina's) and they still give me the creeps. Got bitten by a small one a few Years ago whilst getting the washing in, it must've been on something that got squashed against my arm.
I did put up a youtube video of a massive female one eating a locust right outside our back door a couple of Years ago but I've changed youtube accounts since then and it doesn't appear to be online any more.
Here's what they look like (not my picture)
images%5CPictures%5CSegestria_florentina_female_JL4564_4081.JPG

In the Summer we're "lucky" enough to have hundreds of these things in our walls with a fair few making our way into the bathroom come Autumn, horrible creepy things!

The tarantulas don't seem half as bad, even the Orange baboon which is reputedly insanely aggressive and has a painful bite

For the love of all thats holy - why?????

Top Bottom