Mutant 8 legged freak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well peter parker got bitten and look what happened.

Hmmmm. Kirsten Dunst...
Think I will carry on taking the risk :becool:

Bluenite

I don't care what time of day or night it is, i get the hoover on them:gun:......... Sleeping with the lights on tonight.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
"... Two of the worst Australian spiders are the funnel-web and the trap-door. One is even more lethal than the other but I can't remember which. The funnel-web is a ping-pong ball in a fox-fur. But the real horror among spiders was more likely to be encountered in the lavatory itself. This was the red-back. It had the awkward habit, in unsewered areas like ours, of lurking under the lavatory seat. If a red-back bit you on the behind you were left with the awkward problem of where to put the tourniquet and not long to think about it. Nor could you ask anyone to suck out the poison, unless you knew them very well indeed. ..."

- Clive James

colly

Re member eR
I am happy enough to pick up any size house spider.
After all they don't bite......do they?

My Auntie Ada was bitten by one. I was around 10 or 12 at the time and can still remember her thumb and fleshy pad beneath being blue for a while. It never put her off picking them up to throw them in the garden though.

snailracer

Über Member
I was getting dressed one morning, looked in the mirror and saw a MASSIVE black wolf spider crawl into view over the shoulder of my white shirt - I screamed and must have jumped 6ft sideways :ohmy: It jumped off my shoulder and scuttled out of view. Shook me wide awake, I can tell you.

Later that night, I was lying in bed when I HEARD IT walking up the bedroom wall, click-click-click-click. I leapt out of bed, turned on the light, picked up a slipper and wacked it several times. It just shrugged that off and hid under the wardrobe. I ran downstairs to the kitchen, returned with the bug spray and hosed the gap under the wardrobe. I'm not sure if that killed it or not, I couldn't bring myself to look for it in case it jumped out and fastened itself to my face, like the facehugger in Alien. Luckily, I never saw (or heard) any more of it :eek:. Bugger must have been 5 inches across, big thick black long legs, fecking terrified me TWICE.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend of mine was awoken once by the sound of a spider walking over a newspaper on his bedroom floor! I don't know exactly how big it was, but if it was big enough that its footsteps were that loud, I'm glad that I didn't encounter it ... :eek:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Not good, I've never been bitten. I just pick them up and put them outside. Beautiful things when seen close up they are! The pattern on their back I mean.

That said, I have picked up a (harmless) Rosy Tarantula (oddly enough, called Rose) before, and was told that it would never jump on you, because it would probably end up doing itself an injury.

D

Deleted member 1258

I must admit they don't bother me and I will leave them alone if I can, the mrs hates the things though, If I have to get rid of one I'll evict it, if I can catch it, rather than kill it

Top Bottom