My accident...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have and will continue to stress to the police that I don't want further action taken on this.

Don't worry yourself so much on this front. Once you've told us you don't want I going further, it won't be in these circumstances. Without you being willing to go to court, we technically have no evidence, so even if the bobby wanted it to, it wouldn't. I'd be surprised if it wasn't already filed!

The bonus of reporting, as Gaz mentioned, is that if he later decides not to reimburse you after finding out not every bike costs sixty quid from Tesco, you can recontact the police for those insurance details.

It also means that we have to check whether he is licenced and insured before we can file it, which is always a good thing.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is there not something in the T & C's about not promoting your own website?

This.
'self-promotion is only allowed if you make a positive contribution to our community'

And as far as I am concerned (and expect others feel the same) Gaz makes a very positive contribution to the CC community.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
This.
'self-promotion is only allowed if you make a positive contribution to our community'

And as far as I am concerned (and expect others feel the same) Gaz makes a very positive contribution to the CC community.

Hmm.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry but the above post is ambiguous.

Gaz could that just said to report the incident to Roadsafe rather the going to his site.

Gaz's link has very useful information as to how to report an incident. There is no problem with it.

Buddfox

Veteran
Sorry but the above post is ambiguous.

Gaz could that just said to report the incident to Roadsafe rather then going to his site.

Er, what? In what way is "the above post ambiguous"? And what's going on with your second sentence? Come off it...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What needs to be defined is 'positive contribution', I make a positive contribution merely by being an active member of this site as this would count towards the active members log, which in turn Admin could use when marketing his site to outside interests - yet I doubt I'd be able to openly self promote a website or blog of mine as Gaz has done imo.

Why do you think that?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So by saying this are you agreeing that me being an active member, I am actually making a positive contribution? And that I will be able to self promote?

If you are seen to be making a positive contribution. Then yes.

OP
OP
Davidsw8

Davidsw8

I think if Gaz (or anyone) was supriously promoting a website that was nothing more than a profit generating exercise then fair enough but I've found Gaz's contributions here to be incredibly helpful and informative. I value the support and I think this is precisely the raison d'etre for these fora.

veloevol

Evo Lucas
I doubt Admin thought this site would be a cash cow when he first set it up and now look. Come to the site as a visitor and you're treated to ads of dating 'mature adults' and a link to a 'fitness singles' website.

The information on that site has helped me in the past and I've referred other people to it who've found it useful.
I'd hope you wouldn't object to me doing that here in the future.

Sounds like you need Adblock sir or prerhaps a date.

You're just a click away from happiness.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thank you for the clarification. I'm sure now that marketing experts will now love this site even more bearing in mind that they just need to be an active member to be 'making a positive contribution' whilst self promoting their website/products etc.

Thank you but please don't worry yourself.
We quite easily see through those that are making a positive contribution to the forum and those that try to use the forum solely for self/company promotion. Over the years we have become very adept at spotting and removing them.

Norm

Sorry if was not obvious that I was joking. Gaz is one of my favourite people here.
It's all in the timing, Ben, it wasn't obvious to me. :thumbsup:

As for the difference between Gaz's contributions and those made by the "This site is great... come to my villas on the Algarve for the your holidays", you'd need to be a Muppet not to spot them. Fortunately, we have a number of vigilant CCers around who are very quick to spot and report the self-promoters.

BSRU

A Human Being
^_^ That's very true, some people are beyond hope... still worth a go though and if it doesn't do anything more than make me feel that little bit more confident then it's worked IMO.
I have lots of lights, just 20 minutes ago a pedestrian commented on how I could be clearly seen from over 500 metres away, would have been further if if not for the bend in the road, but I still get people pulling out on/across me.
It does definitely reduce people pulling out or across me but do not rely on them being seen by everyone or assuming the driver cares.

Top Bottom