My body battery is currently 6/100

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I take my garmin watch readings with a pinch of salt, but it does seem to pick up illness, a night on the beer etc as people have said.

Last time I got on a plane I was checking what it said about my stress level, which went up as the plane was getting ready to take off. Its probably just looking at an increased heart rate, and I don't need a watch to tell me I am a bit tense, but I like playing with it anyway.

Ah! I'd forgotten the effects of a few beers on the reported sleep/stress / body battery. It's enough to drive a person to drink 🍺🍺

Gwylan

Veteran
I think I'll go for the "what I don't know can't bother me" approach.

CXRAndy

Guru
Correlation is a good word. I'm finding that the watch is reporting pretty accurately how tired I am feeling at any given point. I'm warming to it in honesty and beginning to find it useful as a monitoring device. I doubt I'll ever use it solely to decide on whether to undertake an activity or not but the info is undoubtedly helpful. Ymmv

Works well for showing recovery. I find the HRV a good metric for recovered state. I also see that training is better for me in the morning, giving me more time to enter recovery period and get a better night's sleep.

Top Bottom