My card's been scammed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Ffs Accy
Everything is a scam unless You call the bank.
Never reply to any email or txt or call..

You ring another number of someone you know first and then call your bank if its the phone scam.

If in doubt chuck it out

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ffs Accy
Everything is a scam unless You call the bank.
Never reply to any email or txt or call..

You ring another number of someone you know first and then call your bank if its the phone scam.

If in doubt chuck it out
That gets around someone not putting their phone down so that when you ring back it connects back to the scammer, if you've rang a mate and they answer 'blah de blah' bank you can tell.

classic33

Leg End Member
My bank texts me if it thinks there's unusual activity on my account. The message details the amount and asks me to reply "1" to confirm the transaction is legit or "2" if I don't recognise it.

In the former case, I'll be advised to reattempt the transaction in ten minutes and in the latter case no payment will be authorised.
You bank online?

Drago

Legendary Member
Since Accy wrote off that 45p the scammers think he has money to burn.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
25 mins since his last post , any news @Accy cyclist

I've just been on to the bank's fraud department. Relief! They didn't allow the £490 quid transaction to take place,but they did authorise a payment to Virgin Mobile for £50. They told me that they'll refund that £50. I can't find my card so i'm assuming i've either been pick pocketed or most likely i've dropped the card and someone's found it and used it. They asked if i was willing for the police to become involved,i said definitely. Surely if the thieves have used it to pay something at Virgin Mobile they'll be able to trace them?

Top Bottom