My closest pass yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Actually I do, I was trying to get it back on topic & have a sensible conversation over whether it was really a close pass & more importantly 'My Closest Pass yet' nobody has yet explained yet why the OP thought it a good idea to put himself back out in front of the vehicle/driver who 30 seconds earlier he thought was trying to kill him. Sorry but there is no logic to it, either it was the closest pass yet & he was being extremely stupid putting himself back there, or he's a drama queen with a helmet cam & it really wasn't that bad but he posted it for effect.

Alan...
Its his moment of fame, cut him some slack :thumbsup:

U

User6179

Actually I do, I was trying to get it back on topic & have a sensible conversation over whether it was really a close pass & more importantly 'My Closest Pass yet' nobody has yet explained yet why the OP thought it a good idea to put himself back out in front of the vehicle/driver who 30 seconds earlier he thought was trying to kill him. Sorry but there is no logic to it, either it was the closest pass yet & he was being extremely stupid putting himself back there, or he's a drama queen with a helmet cam & it really wasn't that bad but he posted it for effect.

Alan...

To be fair to the OP the bus driver had plenty of room so either chose to close pass or was not paying attention .

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
It started with one sweeping generalisation, which is your opinion... some people disagreed with your sweeping generalisation/opinion.

I don't think that's the case, but you could start a poll. Yes it can be a bit cliquey here... but when lots of forum members turn around and say something like "you're wrong"... it's usually because you're wrong, not because of some clique.
So because 10 people maybe disagree I am wrong? My opinion as I have said many times over is my opinion, and I will not go back on that. You have a good evening and sleep well.

U

User6179

So because 10 people maybe disagree I am wrong? My opinion as I have said many times over is my opinion, and I will not go back on that. You have a good evening and sleep well.

Roadrider48 said "My opinion as I have said many times over is my opinion"

Can I keep that one?:smile:

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
So you don't agree that we should try to reduce the number of close passes and amount of dangerous driving on the roads in the same way that we try to reduce crime?
Don't get me wrong. I am a very regular cyclist. Everyday infact. But some here are real car haters. Plenty of rule/law breaking is committed by cyclists. But god forbid, the poor defenceless cyclist cannot surely be guilty of anything. Cycling is my passion, but a hell of a lot of bikers break a hell of a lot of rules. But all choose to hide behind the "vulnerable" shield.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Since when did fairness arrive in the commuting fraternity ?
Good point!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
It's a start.

I'm just going to have a bit of fun now in the style of RoadRider48

"Everyone who rides a mountain bike is a d*ck. Also the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese"

Of course this is just my opinion and is as valid as anyone elses. It's not a matter of right or wrong - I believe I'm right and if in your opinion it's wrong that's up to you. And if any mountain bikers take issue with my opinion and attacks me for it well then obviously this forum is a hostile cliquey place and not fun and friendly at all if they attack people who call vast swathes of the community d*cks - I mean you know how friendly this forum is to camera users.
Maximum respect Jez. I think you're finally getting it....almost!

Roadrider48

Voice of the people

Alan...
"Posted it for effect" that's cam life for you.

Top Bottom