My Crash Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scratch

Über Member
Had a very strange day today. I set of from work as normal and then all I remember is waking up in a bed in A&E being asked who the Prime Minister was. I said Gordon Brown and started to wonder what was going on. Took another half an hour for my brain to slowly start working again. I had a strange time of confusion I've never had before, couldn't remember the day, the month, hardly anything.

Apparently I'd been knocked of my bike, I'm posting now from my bed in the observation ward at the hospital. I've had to stay overnight because of the amnesia, though I fell much better now.

While I was out of it I even rang my boss from the ambulance to tell him I'd be a bit late for work! Of course I can't remember any of this.

Luckily the damage isn't too bad a few cuts, grazes and bruises and a stitch above my eye. My helmets toast and I haven't seen my bike yet. Hope its not too bad!

When I've recovered I'm going to ring up the police and try to find out what happened at the moment I haven't got a clue, all I know if my back wheel is bent, so I could have been hit from behind.

The worst thing about today was I didn't eat any breakfast by the time I left A&E at mid day I was dying of hunger, had to get my mom to come over with emergency supplies, all the hospital gave me was a salad sandwich because I was allergic to the tuna alternative.

I'll update this post when I find out what happened and find out who was to blame!!

Update back at home:
https://www.cyclechat.net/

Monday morning with some pics:
https://www.cyclechat.net/

What a way to wake up, thinking Brown was PM hehe.
Glad you are able to post, hopefully things will become clearer over the next 2436 hours.

We await the unremembered story and are happy you are ok(ish)

Helly79

oh no you poor thing must have been quite scary waking up and not knowing what was happening around you. Like 2Loose says I am glad you okish, I hope you recover soon :rofl:

Guvnor

Glad your ok and in good spirits as as your probebley aware, it could of turned out a lot worse. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get well soon. All the best.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Wow, waking up and thinking Brown was still PM must have been terrifying!

Seriously, hope you get your memory back and that the police can fill you in in the meantime. I've been knocked out a couple of times, the first I got back all but the last 30 seconds, the second I'm missing maybe a minute. I know how frustrating it feels.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Phew thank goodness you're ok. you may take longer to heal than you think ... concussion and all that.

when i had my accident and broke my collar bone, i phoned my boss and told her i would be late in the next day. Little did I know what was ahead when the morphine wore off LOL [...six weeks later i returned]. but besides the collar bone i had dizzy spells for 3 months.

take care xx

Mark_Robson

buggi said:
when i had my accident and broke my collar bone, i phoned my boss and told her i would be late in the next day. Little did I know what was ahead when the morphine wore off LOL [...six weeks later i returned]. but besides the collar bone i had dizzy spells for 3 months.
I just returned this week after 6 weeks off with a broken collar bone so I know exactly what you mean. :rofl:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ouch! You'd think they could ask a different question until everyone's got it into their heads....

Hope you get well soon.

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
It was very confusing I knew I should know the answers to the questions but my mind was totally blank. I could see an image in my mind of Gordon Brown by downing street so it seemed as good a guess as any.

While I was knocked out I think I had a dream about cycling to work so I thought I'd got there Ok, now that I look back I realise the dream was along a route I never go along.

I think I'm going to be very achy tomorrow. In a way I'm glad I can't remember what happened. I'm not reliving it over and over again like I have done before with bad incidents.

Plus it could have been much worse and there are many people here who are in a worse state.

I've got a voicemail from some company I think it was them that hit me, but I don't want to look into it until my brains fully returned and I've talked to the poilce.

Hopefully the CTC can help I'm a member with them as well.

The staff have all been very good here, apart from not giving enough food to greedy chaps like me. Glad for the NHS today.

Top Bottom