My Crash Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Ben Lovejoy said:
Wow, waking up and thinking Brown was still PM must have been terrifying!

Seriously, hope you get your memory back and that the police can fill you in in the meantime. I've been knocked out a couple of times, the first I got back all but the last 30 seconds, the second I'm missing maybe a minute. I know how frustrating it feels.

Its more terrifying knowing who actually is PM though (I despise the Tories). Hope you have a fast recovery OP.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Downward said:
June 16th - Have you not seen any media campaigns at all ? Cost enough £££

No, but I'm hoping that the man driving the ambulance has..... Actually, yes, but didn't let the date register. No doubt it will register when some gurning politician cuts the ribbon. Any idea who will do the job? Cameron, McCabe, Ratdliffe, User?

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
No, but I'm hoping that the man driving the ambulance has.....

Hmm I thought it would be in all the local papers, on Central News etc etc. Still they have 5 weeks to get advertising. I don't think a sign at Selly Oak saying Moved 400 yards down the road counts

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Really sorry to hear this - especially from a fellow Birmingham based member.

Hope you recover soon. I expect that you will remember more about the accident in time. I know it's not the same thing but I had a bit of a traumatic time during my daughter's birth. I couldn't remember having her for about 8 months - nowadays the memories are a lot clearer (worst luck!)

Hope you recover soon.

Best wishes!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Get well soon mate. You don't seem to have lost your positive attitude, and that's all that really matters when push comes to shove.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oooh, much sympathy for you mate!! Here's a virtual manhug...

Bloody hell, what a shock to wake up like that! Hopefully you do get some recollection back and that witnesses can fill in any blanks.

I think you're right not to try to make sense of messages relating to the incident until you have more recollection.

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the messages of support, I appreciate it.

I'm back at home now with a few aches and pains and a scuffed up face. I managed to find my bike. The back wheel, derailleur and hanger have been hit and ruined and then it looks like the bike fell on the left side with scuffed up bar tape and a bit of red paint from the road. Both mud guards are broken as well.

So at least now I know I was hit on a red route part of my journey. Which is interesting as the red route part of my journey is almost exclusively bus lanes. Might have been a left hook this junction is terrible for it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...9IJTi8sUODHg_imXnGVufw&cbp=12,232.42,,0,14.06

I go straight on here taking the lane in the bus lane and cars often turn left. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out I was hit some where along that stretch.

In fact this is where I had my other incident with West Midlands Travel.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kIMv2FIUWY

I had a careful look through my bag and found a piece of paper with someone's name, address and phone number on. Must be the guy who hit me. I also found out the name of the company who rang me up and left a message, presumably his employer.

So I'm piecing together what happened and at least the guy stopped. My mum was telling me about her friend who had a similar accident and they were just left in the street.

Top Bottom