My Crash Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
BrumJim said:
Which hospital are you in? Selly Oak?

City Hospital, no idea what the outside looks like. A policeman came and said he'd moved my bike into the security bungalow. No idea where that is, if he'd told me 20 minutes before I wouldn't even remember talking to him now so I hope I will find my bike.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
All the best, Scratch. I hope you make a quick recovery, and (of course) that the bike's not too bad.

NigC

Well, it's great to see you're reasonably OK, all things considered. All the very best for a quick recovery ;)

Let's hope things work out well with the all the red tape and paperwork and you can get back to normal :wacko:

Trumpettom001

OOhh nasty.. I remember being knocked out at a skatepark, and being able to recall exactly what the skatepark looked like when I woke up 5 minutes later. Of course due to amnesia, I was recounting perfectly what the skatepark looked like 5 years ago. Not plesant.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

buggi

Bird Saviour
glad he moved your bike! will it definitely be ok in that bungalow?? city hospital is not in the best area!

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
buggi said:
glad he moved your bike! will it definitely be ok in that bungalow?? city hospital is not in the best area!

;) Don't worry me like that. I can't leave to find out until tomorrow, I'm under obs. At least the new bike to work scheme starts soon. I had to sign a form saying they wouldn't be responsible for any of my belongings as well.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Scratch said:
It was very confusing I knew I should know the answers to the questions but my mind was totally blank. I could see an image in my mind of Gordon Brown by downing street so it seemed as good a guess as any.

Get well soon and don't worry about the Gordon Brown thing, that only changed over a few days ago and we've all got to get used to it, so you can be forgiven for that!
At least you didn't say Nick Clegg! (although, whilst you were sleeping, the Twilight Zone came to town and he became Deputy PM ;)).

Hope everything gets sorted out and it must be a really odd feeling not knowing what happened or who helped you (or more to the point, what you said/did to the Moton!). I'd have a huge debt of gratitude to the people that helped me, but not knowing who they were would be vaguely embarrassing to me! (knowing I took up their time and that they will never get a thankyou for it I mean).

Chin Up!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Actually, with all of these stories about people being injured and being off work, quite frankly, I'm not surprised they are trying to stop the C2W scheme. It's picking off too many workers that would otherwise be ok!! :wacko:;)

Yikes! ;) Glad your still with us! First priority is your health. Make sure that is sorted first, everything else will come with time.

Take care and best wishes!!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Scratch said:
City Hospital, no idea what the outside looks like. A policeman came and said he'd moved my bike into the security bungalow. No idea where that is, if he'd told me 20 minutes before I wouldn't even remember talking to him now so I hope I will find my bike.

Pity - I might have dropped in to say "Hello" if you were in SO. Unless they have moved A&E to the new QE. Anyway, hope you mend quickly. City is very good I hear, although more tuned to bullet holes than cycle injuries. Its the one hospital that I would rather be inside as a patient than outside as a resident.

Downward

Guru
BrumJim said:
Pity - I might have dropped in to say "Hello" if you were in SO. Unless they have moved A&E to the new QE. Anyway, hope you mend quickly. City is very good I hear, although more tuned to bullet holes than cycle injuries. Its the one hospital that I would rather be inside as a patient than outside as a resident.

June 16th - Have you not seen any media campaigns at all ? Cost enough £££

Top Bottom