My Crash Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jmetz

Shouldnt the police have let you known what has happened? or have i misread and they dont know either?

Either way i hope you make a speedy recovery! Not knowing would drive me insane!

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Just be aware that the details may be a witness rather than the culprit!

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
A policeman rang me up on Friday morning but I was still a bit out of it I don't really remember talking to him. On Monday I'm going to ring up the police and find out what happened, hope I can get through to the right person, I'm going to sound a bit vague!

It is a good point the guy could well be a witness its a home address not a business address and there is no vehicle reg on there. I'll be very grateful if he is a witness will make my life easier!

I'm not going to start ringing anyone up or doing anything else until I've had a word to the police and then a word to the CTC/bikeline.

iamanidiot

Watching this with interest - horrible story, hope you get back your memory and make a full recovery. If it was me I would be desperate to know what happened! I assume you didn't have a camera on you then?

postman

Legendary Member
So sorry to read this .Awful hope your soon on the mend .
And be careful amnesia could be bad .

Don't worry about the £1000 i lent you .You can send that back later .!!!!

OP
OP
S

Scratch

Über Member
iamanidiot said:
Watching this with interest - horrible story, hope you get back your memory and make a full recovery. If it was me I would be desperate to know what happened! I assume you didn't have a camera on you then?

No I stopped using coz I'd had a quiet few months and changed my route so it was less hairy. Bit of a shame, might have to dust it off again.

postman said:
So sorry to read this .Awful hope your soon on the mend .
And be careful amnesia could be bad .

Lol,

I think ... :smile:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Bloody hell, glad to hear you're still in one piece!

postman said:

I like the way you think! :biggrin:

Hope you recover quickly - and find out what happened, Scratch. I've got an old Deore LX rear derailleur about somewhere if you need any parts to get your bike back up and running.

Keith Oates

Janner
Only just seen this Scratch, I hope that by now you are well on the way to full recovery both from the aches and pains and also the memory. As others have said please keep us updated on how you get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Scratch said:
I had a strange time of confusion I've never had before, couldn't remember the day, the month, hardly anything.

But you remembered the important things in life ... and logged onto Cyclechat:biggrin:

Hope you are recovering well... and that you get the bike sorted and find out what happened soon.

Matthames

Über Member
Sounds nasty, glad you are on the mend though.

postman said:

Do you know about the triple zero Swiss bank account number found in your hip? Do you know about the $4million in that account? Do you know that you are in fact a CIA assassin for a project called Treadstone? :smile:

I hope you do piece everything together and find out what went on.

Bloody 'ell, Scratch! Only just seen this, sounds like a surreal dream. :smile: Or one of those odd French films!

Hope you make a full and quick recovery and that you receive full recompense.

Take your time to heal; the (new) bike will be waiting for you!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Scratch said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the messages of support, I appreciate it.

I'm back at home now with a few aches and pains and a scuffed up face. I managed to find my bike. The back wheel, derailleur and hanger have been hit and ruined and then it looks like the bike fell on the left side with scuffed up bar tape and a bit of red paint from the road. Both mud guards are broken as well.

So at least now I know I was hit on a red route part of my journey. Which is interesting as the red route part of my journey is almost exclusively bus lanes. Might have been a left hook this junction is terrible for it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...9IJTi8sUODHg_imXnGVufw&cbp=12,232.42,,0,14.06

I go straight on here taking the lane in the bus lane and cars often turn left. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out I was hit some where along that stretch.

In fact this is where I had my other incident with West Midlands Travel.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kIMv2FIUWY

I had a careful look through my bag and found a piece of paper with someone's name, address and phone number on. Must be the guy who hit me. I also found out the name of the company who rang me up and left a message, presumably his employer.

So I'm piecing together what happened and at least the guy stopped. My mum was telling me about her friend who had a similar accident and they were just left in the street.

Shucks. That is just a couple of minutes walk from where I work. Reguarly drive along that bit of road too.

Top Bottom