My first 60 miler....yeah baby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

firemansimon

Hi everyone

Just thought I'd let you know done my first non stop 60 miler today in 3 hours 43 with an average speed of 16.6.:tongue::smile:

Thanks to my new Fulcrum 5's with electric blue coloured Pro3 tyres.

Looking good to complete my first non stop 100 miler within my first 6 months of cycling;)

Thanks
Simon

Sorry yep it was just under 62 miles

I only make it 16.1mph, thats still a good speed for a nonstop 60miler or it was nearer 62 miles well done:bravo:

OP
OP
F

firemansimon

Thanks for the support,

I ate half an energy bar thing at 25 miles and the other half at 30, then another half of one at 40 and again at 45 then a gel at 50 and sipping water all the time. I think I got it right, last 8 was mostly up hill and head wind but really enjoyed it.:biggrin::biggrin:

Simon

next year maybe a race!!!

TVC

62 miles - call it 100Km, non cyclists will be even more impressed. Well Done.

l4dva said:
DAMN! People actually ride 100 miles non stop!!!!

Yes we do :biggrin:. In my view once you can manage 50 then it's just about getting enough fuel and water on board and learning the joys of Sudocrem.

postman

Legendary Member
60 miles.
In my book you deserve a full brekky with a latte.Then a tea stop for a scone and jam.

Keep it up .Well done.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
a metric century non stop, bloody well done. I'm envious but it occurs I've never chosen to do one non stop, too much of a tourist to resist new tea shops!

OP
OP
F

firemansimon

Hello

Got a Giant defy 2, with fulcrum 5's and pro3 tyres, got the wheels last week makes it a little bit bumpy but feels much quicker and easier to ride.

Simon

Top Bottom