My flat tyre caused by a bird seed and 'totalised' BMW experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That BMW came off very well if it genuinely hit a tree side on at 70.

Quelle Surprise, I’d have been more shocked if he’d said it was doing 29 mph in a 30 zone, when it was broadsided by another vehicle

Driver probably suffered serious injuries from that impact

Maybe he'll learn to slow down a bit in future :rolleyes:
I'd say there's a boy racer wrecked BMW (sometimes an Audi but not that often) dropped off at that MOT place by a car transporter on average every fortnight. I don't know why they end up there as he doesn't do body repairs and those I see being dropped off are definitely beyond repair, even if he did!

Jody

Stubborn git
I'd say there's a boy racer wrecked BMW (sometimes an Audi but not that often) dropped off at that MOT place by a car transporter on average every fortnight. I don't know why they end up there as he doesn't do body repairs and those I see being dropped off are definitely beyond repair, even if he did!

Probably buying them to break

Engine, box, diff, big brakes, multi function steering wheel etc will be worth a decent amount for Audi S / BMW M cars

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Have you not watched recorded car crashes especially those at speed.

A tiny error in judgement, touching a kerb, bump in the road, can throw a fast moving vehicle off the road and end up in what seems like the most implausible situation.

Jody

Stubborn git
I’m always amazed when I cycle past totalled cars yet to be moved; how they manage to do it on perfectly straight roads with clear sight lines, and during perfectly dry good weather.

Car in the OP is 375bhp standard and 430+ with a basic remap. Figures unheard of a few years ago for production vehicles and a cazy amount of power for a familly car.

Add to that all the electronic management that goes into controlling the car beyond the drivers input leaves an average joe thinking they are an F1 ace.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this a cigarette lighter? Excuse the filth, it's been a long wet winter so I haven't been able to vac' my car! :blush:

nc_ohc=nYBwo5zn_J8AX8zROse&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=o0uV68CvAGwAX_Z1KCV&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I took another pic' of that BMW today, when I handed the foot pump back. I asked the bloke who owns the garage what'll happen to the car. Surprisingly he said it's not a write off and it can be repaired!:ohmy: I asked if the chassis was bent (he said yes) as I was hit by a 24 ton lorry back in 1982, while driving an Austin Maxi. It had to be scrapped due to the car's chassis being bent in the crash. Maybe they couldn't repair them then, but can do now? 🤔

nc_ohc=8k7_aUG4yeYAX_j4uGf&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=GrEZW299o2EAX-ByzAy&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=9z04SNiu5G4AX_gWt1D&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=7ELxO657DPUAX9qAHLw&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

How the hell is the above repairable?! That's a branch off the tree it hit, in the bottom pic'.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom