My flat tyre caused by a bird seed and 'totalised' BMW experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Looks well beyond jigging 😲

DRM

Guru
I would've thought the insurers would've written it off. Maybe they have and he's bought the scrapped car intending to do it up, re-register it then sell it? 🤔

More likely ring it, then break it for (dodgy) parts, the shell will go in the crusher, i'm guessing that's a Category B write off at least

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did the driver survive that impact

I didn't ask the MOT centre bloke, But as far as I know there haven't been any reports of fatal collisions involving a BMW, in these parts in the last few months at least. 🤔 I've read reports of drivers running away before the police arrive after totally trashing cars, so it's likely the driver of this BMW survived.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It looked survivable, although the driver might of had a sore arse looking at that impact with what i assume is a tree since part of it still seems to be folded into the floor pan...

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
On the upside another car off the road.

gbb

Legendary Member
Have you not watched recorded car crashes especially those at speed.

A tiny error in judgement, touching a kerb, bump in the road, can throw a fast moving vehicle off the road and end up in what seems like the most implausible situation.

Former colleague of mine rolled a car years ago, he just had a momentary lapse on the dark country lane, unbalanced the car, over it went.
You're right, it doesn't necessarily take much.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Although my car is 11 years old it doesn't have a cigarette lighter thingy. There is something you can plug things into near the gear lever. I'll have a look when I go out later to see what it is. 🤔

Hey Accy, I looked up your car to get the right spec for it to see if a power socket is a standard fitting and you’re showing as not currently MOTd! 😳 (Expired 15 Feb 23)

Better get booked in with your guy across the road asap!

Top Bottom