My idea for 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It is an interesting idea and will involve a lot of riding. Its a good choice to pick only the counties of England. Scotland would mean a lot of island hopping. But you will have to visit the Isle of Wight.

As for not visiting places. I used to live in Maghull. Nothing wrong with Merseyside. But I have heard the same about Bulgaria, Slovakia, Serbia and many other places. All great places to visit.

Sharky

Guru
They will have your bike on bricks and the wheels sold within a nano second of arriving at the cafe stop.:smile:
A bit harsh. Merseyside covers a huge area, southport, St. Helens, parts of Wirrel. Lots of countryside. Inner Liverpool might have a bad reputation, but doesn't really relate to the whole of Merseyside. Some parts of London have equally bad reputations.

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
A bit harsh. Merseyside covers a huge area, southport, St. Helens, parts or Wirrel. Lots of countryside. Inner Liverpool might have a bad reputation, but doesn't really relate to the whole of Merseyside. Some parts of London have equally bad reputations.
I was hoping you would have seen the attempted humour in my post. Your right about those cockneys though. :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Intrigued, why?
As an ex merseysider or rather an ex Lancashire man, who became a merseysider when they changed the county lines.

Avatar picture taken just outside liverpool. Lydiate I seem to remember.
As a lad I lived in Wallasey, Cheshire. They changed the boundaries and we became Wallasey, Merseyside.
Till the day she died my Mother refused to accept that and always addressed letters as Wallasey, Cheshire :smile:.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Just looking at a map. This is a mammoth task. Its going to mean a lot of country criss crossing. Its not a 2 week job, thats for sure.

It will make Lejog look a bit lightweight.

Has anyone done this before?

Dave7

Legendary Member
That sounds like a good challenge. A lot would depend on your circumstances eg work & family etc.
My first thoughts was 48 counties, WoW there is some serious travelling there. But as @Globalti points out you could literally do 3 counties in maybe one hour then drive to the next area.
It will take some interesting planning.

Sharky

Guru
As a lad I lived in Wallasey, Cheshire. They changed the boundaries and we became Wallasey, Merseyside.
Till the day she died my Mother refused to accept that and always addressed letters as Wallasey, Cheshire :smile:.
Same with my family. We continued to put "Lancashire" on our address for a long time.

stephec

Legendary Member
It's a good idea, and sounds like one of those things that ends up in a book, are you Tim Moore?

I read one about a year ago where a guy cycled round the coast line of GB in one go, brilliant if you've got the time and money.

Top Bottom