My New Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trumpettom001

Hey all,

Just bought a racer (second hand) for the grand total of £20... comes with clipped pedals AND Integrated Gear/Brake levers... just need to change the Mountain bike cassette to a road casette, and get some proper tyres for it, an I'll be sorted... all of which I know can be done at no extra cost... (woop woop).

The entire thing is steel framed, british racing green, and compared to my MTB, it FLIES!!!!!! even whilst a little tipsy from the pub, I still knocked a good few minutes off my time home!!

Will post pics as soon as I have ridded myself of the MTB casette/V-brakes.... (V brakes don't work with the integrated shifters that well....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sshhh, it's not a 'racer' - it's a road bike. Racers are those rubbish things.... road bikes are better - especially with STI's........(dual control levers)...... £20 wow !!!!

OP
OP
Trumpettom001

Trumpettom001

My bad - Road Bike... do racers not have integrated shifters then? . I've spent all afternoon wrestling with the gears, until a friendd said to me - "why have you got a mountain bike casette on the back there?" and only then did I realise why I had a gearing induced headache... (but I'm going to the bike workshop tomorrow to get it replaced...

Top Bottom