My project bike - fixed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
montage said:
Oh.....I do have one way to win this hands down.
Could buy a kids fixed wheel down at the skip for a couple of shillings :biggrin: (frame size 2 inches?)

Yeh, but you agreed to ride the IoW in 2010 on this project bike......if it's gonna be the kids one above, I'll get a decent camera.....:tongue::biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
stoatsngroats said:
Yeh, but you agreed to ride the IoW in 2010 on this project bike......if it's gonna be the kids one above, I'll get a decent camera.....:biggrin::biggrin:

What is the IoW 2010?
Why did you give the better frame away anyway?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Gave the better frame away because it didn't fit me, and my friend wanted to get into cycling. It was too small also, and had vertical dropouts.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
stoatsngroats - the risk of bleedign to death through your finger is no excuse for not coming along this year.

no the rule is always strictly that tools DON'T count in the cost of a build!
The serious cyclist has spoken!

montage said:
stoatsngroats - the risk of bleedign to death through your finger is no excuse for not coming along this year.
The serious cyclist has spoken!

I know - I'm gonna do my best to be there, I'm concerned that I havn't got enough miles in my legs - I did the 60 odd, 2 weeks ago, and then nothing since.....:tongue:

and i was gonna add the littlehampton to pompey and back, to the island, which makes 125 miles.......it may be too much - but I'm gonna try!:biggrin:

Perhaps have to grab you mobile number to hook up.......for the first 5 miles anyway...then you can speed up!:sad:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
PM sent.
125 miles will be a mission!
Also check wind directions etc... some long exposed coastal roads that are nasty into a strong headwind!

and i was gonna add the littlehampton to pompey and back, to the island, which makes 125 miles.......

Good luck cycling to the island....

montage said:
Yep, and reply sent..

montage said:
125 miles will be a mission!
Also check wind directions etc... some long exposed coastal roads that are nasty into a strong headwind!
will do - it's my worst fear!

montage said:
Good luck cycling to the island....:tongue: (pause)...:sad:....
thanks, I'll do my best to be there!!:biggrin:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
I will attempt to measure this evening...could get shouted at if seen near a bike though.

Got home at 6.50, race start at 7 :sad:.... but there was an all cat race starting at 7.30 so I decided to go to this, managed to persuade for a lift, got 10 minutes down the road, by 10 past 7 it was obvious I wasn't going to get there in time, so we turn around and I get a bollacking for wasting time etc :tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
montage said:
I will attempt to measure this evening...could get shouted at if seen near a bike though.

Got home at 6.50, race start at 7 :sad:.... but there was an all cat race starting at 7.30 so I decided to go to this, managed to persuade for a lift, got 10 minutes down the road, by 10 past 7 it was obvious I wasn't going to get there in time, so we turn around and I get a bollacking for wasting time etc :tongue:

Oh dear.
Its easy for me to TT. I get home early, sit around, change my gear on the fixed, pump up the tyres and oil the chain. Sit around some more. Eat. Sit around some more then take an amble down to the start of the TT. Easy;)
Morning TTs are harder though, i have to get up early, eat abit, do paper round, eat some more, ride down to start of the TT faster then normal, then do the TT.
I do sometimes get a lift home after it though.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
Oh dear.
Its easy for me to TT. I get home early, sit around, change my gear on the fixed, pump up the tyres and oil the chain. Sit around some more. Eat. Sit around some more then take an amble down to the start of the TT. Easy;)
Morning TTs are harder though, i have to get up early, eat abit, do paper round, eat some more, ride down to start of the TT faster then normal, then do the TT.
I do sometimes get a lift home after it though.

Well it wouldnt have been an issue had I not been all the way to cardiff and back

Top Bottom