My Raleigh Bike. The Start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I see what you mean the bars would be ok like yours but the levers would need to be a tad more on the bend of the bars to suit me. I'm glad you pointed that out about the bars as I could of ended up with a bad back. :smile:
I'd just get em comfy for yourself, personally I don't know how some people ride clutching the brake levers instead of the handlebars (on the hoods) :crazy: but there you go

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I know what you mean, so I'm aiming to pick up the nastiest example of a low-end "racer" I can find - so long as it's ultra cheap and has the bits I want on it. I'm deliberately going to avoid anything too decent that I might be tempted not to scrap. A 70's/80's "catalogue quality" machine would be ideal. Its rather unfortunate that high quality drop bar bikes rarely came equipped with suicides, they seem mostly confined to the low-end models, yet for those of us who aren't racers and like to ride in an upright position, they are very useful additions.
The secondary levers could be bought as a kit, you simply removed the pivot pin and replaced it with one that was threaded to take them. What annoys me is the 'roofing bolt' that they use, pig ugly doesn't come close.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just look at the positives !
You will be gaining more experience.
You may be saving the planet.
You will also reduce the wear on your other bikes by alternating which one you ride from time to time.

I tried to explain to my wife why I must have more than 5 bikes and it was hard work but I have just sold the two I had on CC for sale so I can go and buy more now and perhaps slip another bike in as well while she's out shopping.
PS. Saving the planet sounds good fun. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Are these right..

R 14.JPG
R 15.JPG

midlife

Guru

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks @CarlP I'm well pleased with how its turned out. I just have one thought I have to get another Brooks Swift saddle and I'm wondering if a brown saddle might look better than the black?
Black. The Swift is a good saddle, got one my Trek. What’s wrong with the saddle that’s on there? It looks the part.

Top Bottom