My Raleigh Bike. The Start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I don’t think the brown will match the brown of the hood, keep it black

A second opinion always helps I will keep the black. :okay:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Whatever is comfortable for you is 'right', does the bike feel better to ride?

The bike is lovely to ride but not been more then a mile on it, if I have any doubts its going to the the stand over height which is 800mm and that might be its down fall.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Too big or too small?

Too big.
The other bikes I've got apart from the Raleigh I went and measured this morning and had a bit of a shock.
1/ Evans Arkose 52cm
2/ Giant TCR pro 1 50cm
3/ Cannondale Quick 1 48cm.
4/ Raleigh 54cm
The stand over height's are all about the 760mm but could be less with no problem's ( Raleigh 800mm ). so a 750mm would give me a 2 inch lower crossbar if my adding up is right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
IF the saddle height in your photos is correct for you, the stand-over should be fine. The bike looks good set up as is. *IDEA* - stand over the bike and see!

Just taken the bike out for about 30 mins and did a couple of 10% hills on the 52 and 42 front rings and all seems perfect and I did stop a few times just to see how the cross bar was and that seems just about ok the bike has an 800mm cross bar but that's my limit.
So a good result on the bike really. :smile:

carpenter

Über Member
:rofl:
Too big.
The other bikes I've got apart from the Raleigh I went and measured this morning and had a bit of a shock.
1/ Evans Arkose 52cm
2/ Giant TCR pro 1 50cm
3/ Cannondale Quick 1 48cm.
4/ Raleigh 54cm
The stand over height's are all about the 760mm but could be less with no problem's ( Raleigh 800mm ). so a 750mm would give me a 2 inch lower crossbar if my adding up is right?

smaller Y fronts or higher heels?

Top Bottom