My Raleigh Bike. The Start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Of course you mean the left hand side^_^

Just testing

raleighnut

Legendary Member
002.JPG

My normal hand position is 'on the bend' of the bars as shown by the wear on my bar tape.

I must get round to re-wrapping them :whistle:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
View attachment 452654

My normal hand position is 'on the bend' of the bars as shown by the wear on my bar tape.

I must get round to re-wrapping them :whistle:

Funny you should say that but when I did a test ride it didn't feel right, so I will move them to a more normal position.. Ta

That's how I like to ride drop bar bikes too, which is why I'm a big fan of Weinmann suicide levers. Unfortunately my current drop bar bike hasn't got suicides, so I'm now on the lookout for a cheapo donor so equipped to rob for parts.
Ooh! Treading on dangerous ground there ! :ohmy:

Before you know it you will feel sorry for the donor bike and the whole process will start all over again ! :whistle:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Ooh! Treading on dangerous ground there ! :ohmy:
Before you know it you will feel sorry for the donor bike and the whole process will start all over again ! :whistle:

I know what you mean, so I'm aiming to pick up the nastiest example of a low-end "racer" I can find - so long as it's ultra cheap and has the bits I want on it. I'm deliberately going to avoid anything too decent that I might be tempted not to scrap. A 70's/80's "catalogue quality" machine would be ideal. Its rather unfortunate that high quality drop bar bikes rarely came equipped with suicides, they seem mostly confined to the low-end models, yet for those of us who aren't racers and like to ride in an upright position, they are very useful additions.

Top Bottom