My review of Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I've placed 2 orders with them so far.

My first order was shipped next working day, and arrived within 5 working days (normal for Spain).

I chased my second order when it was still showing processing after 4 working days, and was assured that it had been shipped, but the system hadn't updated yet. It's been 5 working days since the date they said they shipped it, and it hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully it will be here on Monday ....

got a horrible feeling I am in the same boat, used them loads of times and items if in stock are usually dispatched next again day after ordering, however not this time??

lulubel

Über Member
got a horrible feeling I am in the same boat, used them loads of times and items if in stock are usually dispatched next again day after ordering, however not this time??

My order actually arrived today. It obviously wasn't shipped on the day they told me it was (it doesn't take 10 days for parcels to get here from the UK), but on the day the status was updated in my account. I'm not thrilled that one of their customer service people told me it had been shipped when it obviously hadn't, and for that reason, I'll try to avoid ordering from them again. But if it's something I can't get anywhere else, or something that's significantly cheaper that I don't mind waiting for, I'd be OK about ordering from them. They're a reputable company, so they're not going to "take my money and run."

lulubel

Über Member
I've had it with online shopping, and as for Ebay I could write an essay on bad service. So bad I've closed the account. Lie's , cheats, counterfeit goods, extosionate prices, time, broken products when advertised as full working order, returns, possible stolen property, items don't turn up ! the list is endless with Ebay and some of the horrible people who sell on that auction site.

I've never had any problems ordering from eBay, but 99% of the time I buy from well established sellers with very high feedback ratings. Occasionally, I've taken a chance on a new seller - the only way people can get feedback as a new seller is if people buy from them - and I've never had a bad experience.

Amazon marketplace seems to be different. Maybe I was unlucky, but my one and only experience there was bad. I only buy from Amazon now if it's an item that Amazon actually ship themselves.

jim55

Guru
well ,to hijack this kinda ,my buying with crc has been fine (granted iv prob not bought a lot with them) but however ,just as a second thought ,tenn outdoors deserve a mention.
i ordered a gilet from them and ordered a large size on the mon ,got it on the wed but it was too big ,so i phoned them to return it ,not a problem they said ,paypal us 1.50 to cover adminand when u return it send a covering letter stating which size you want ,i told the person i was talking too as well ,so i returned it ,paid postage of 1.76 and paypaled them 1.50 ,good stuff i thought next week (tue)they sent another package and this one was xl!!i wanted a medium and told them this in the letter i sent with it ,phoned them up straight away and told them they said it was their fault (which it was )and to just post it back and they would change it (no paypal this time )now dont forget i was paying postage for these returns (and it was a freepost item initially).
so another few days passed and i got another del from them,it was the SAME ONE i returned !!in their letter it said seeing as theyr was no covering note they just returned it too me ,so this was now over two weeks and i still had the wrong size and id paid postage a few times ,phoned them again ,went ballistic and told them il pay postage to return it and just refund my card as i had no faith it wouldnt happen again and id go elsewhere .sent an email as well mentioning things like "customer service,lack of communication on their part /couldnt run a menage,losing their rep(also said i was gona post on here about their so called service) etc,etc ,
no sooner had i got home from my commute and the managing director of tenn phoned me and said my email was passed to him ,i told him of all the to and fro stuff and he was horrified and wanted to try and sort it
so in a nutshell he sent me the right size gilet (he said he would make sure personally ),refunded my card for the cost of a gilet(15) and sent me through 10% off vouchers for future use ,i cant ask for any more than that ,imo they salvaged what was essentially a simple purchase went wrong ,now iv got no problem buying from them again
BIG UP TO TENN OUTDOORS:bravo:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've bought loads of stuff from CRC over the last three years. Loads of stuff from a whole bunch of other on-line bike sites as well. Never had a problem with any of them. Tempting fate really...

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im still having problems with a on line bike retailer

Its obvious after 2 promises for the product to be re-delivered and the excuse it got lost in the post (Yeah right) followed by 'Oh we don't have it it stock' Mmm yeah OK!

I ain't getting my purchase so I want my money back

So how do I go about getting my money back as I paid with 'Visa Debit Card' ?

Thanks

soulful dog

Veteran
I ordered a couple of items on Saturday at teatime, got a despatch email first thing on Monday morning and the items arrived on Tuesday.

A rear light bracket and a chain stay protector sticker. The box was enormous in comparison to it's contents (and that includes the 2 free energy gels that were included)! ^_^

As well as CRC, in the past few months I've ordered from Tenn Outdoors, Evans & Wiggle. Not had any problems with any of them.

As for ebay & Amazon marketplace sellers, same as lulubel, generally only buy from ebay sellers with good feedback, Amazon itself are beyond reproach, but had a couple of problems with marketplace sellers (though always sorted in the end).

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well just an update on my order placed last Monday night been sitting in processing till today, now dispatched :sad:. However the reason for this was that part of my order was not in stock even though it clearly was and still is??? So I have been refunded the items that are supposedly out of stock and also been given a £5 voucher to spend next time I shop. Should be grateful but felling let down a bit :sad: Every order of past has arrived next day or day after.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My order, placed on the 27th, arrived this morning -in a reasonable sized box, suitable for reusing :smile:

Rob500

Only ordered online once from CRC and it went smoothly.

I'm lucky enough to be able just to walk in to their retail outlet so I'm spared a lot of the order mix ups etc.

simon.r

Person
I've used CRC since the days when you had to phone them up! Never had a problem, quite the opposite - they've always been very good, until very recently:

I needed a 17mm cone spanner. Tried to ordered one on-line, got a message saying something like "sorry, we can't process your order". Tried to order another, got the same message. And another, got the same message. Gave up and drove into town to buy one from my LBS.

Checked my emails an hour or so later and had 3 separate emails confirming 3 separate orders! I emailed back asking for the orders to be cancelled but was told they'd already been dispatched.

3 separate jiffy bags, with 1 cone spanner in each, dropped through my letterbox 2 days later!

I've returned them via collect plus which seems like a good idea - no postage charges for me. This was last Monday, but no refund as yet. I emailed to chase a refund an hour or so ago and have had an automated response. Fingers crossed that the money goes into my account soon.

I can't help feeling that were there some human input into the system someone may have queried 3 orders from the same person, for the same item, withn 5 minutes of each other:rolleyes:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well second order placed and it would seem to be true to form once again, order is stuck in processing. Ordered early yesterday morning however I can see this order not getting here until after the Easter break . Ho hum. At this rate think I will start using my LBS :tongue:

Never had an issues with CRC but like Ian mentioned in his earler post, I to am starting to use
http://ukbikestore.co.uk/pages/default.aspx alot more these days. Always had a first class service from these chaps.

Before submitting my order I've learned from experience to ring internet companies first to confirm that what they have displayed for sale is actually in stock.

Top Bottom