My review of Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monkspeed

I ordered a Thomson Elite inline seatpost on Sunday.

My ordered stayed as "Processing" for two working days, so I emailed them to ask if they would be sending it out soon.

Got an email back saying "Yes sorry its taken so long, it will be in the post tonight.

Anyway, just got my package. Really excited I've been looking forward to swapping the seatpost for ages. I've just opened the package up and they sent me a stupid coat. The enclosed invoice says "Thomson Elite Inline Seatpost", even the bag that the stupid coat is in says "Thomson Elite Inline Seatpost".

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see that it is infact a coat and not a seatpost.

I'm so flippin pee'd off right now.

This is the first and last time I will ever use Chain Reaction Cycles. You screwed up big time.

Now I have to run around sending this damn thing back.

/rant

EDIT: Just looked and its some kind of Endura MTB Trousers not a coat.

potsy

Rambler
Oh dear :blush:
Must say I haven't had any problems with them before, delivery is usually quick.
I have noticed a lot the stuff is available cheaper elsewhere at the moment, but I usually check them first if I want something.

VamP

Banned
I usually price up CRC and Wiggle, and one other... TBH I have been noticing alot of things on CRC out of stock recently, but that could just be the time of the year.

Never had a horror story like yours :ohmy:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Never had a problem with CRC. Anything I have needed to return they have let me do so without question. But as with Vamp, I seem to find stock holding not very good at the moment.

CycleStore seem to have most of my business now. Their delivery & customer service is second to none. And sometimes that is more important then cheap prices.

OP
OP
Monkspeed

Monkspeed

my case was the opposite, everywhere else was out of stock and CRC was the only one with it.

Otherwise Wiggle and Planet-X have so far been brilliant and I would have got it from one of them!

:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I ordered a Thomson Elite inline seatpost on Sunday.

My ordered stayed as "Processing" for two working days, so I emailed them to ask if they would be sending it out soon.

Got an email back saying "Yes sorry its taken so long, it will be in the post tonight.

Anyway, just got my package. Really excited I've been looking forward to swapping the seatpost for ages. I've just opened the package up and they sent me a stupid coat. The enclosed invoice says "Thomson Elite Inline Seatpost", even the bag that the stupid coat is in says "Thomson Elite Inline Seatpost".

You do not have to be a rocket scientist to see that it is infact a coat and not a seatpost.

I'm so flippin pee'd off right now.

This is the first and last time I will ever use Chain Reaction Cycles. You screwed up big time.

Now I have to run around sending this damn thing back.

/rant

EDIT: Just looked and its some kind of Endura MTB Trousers not a coat.

The man who could not tell the difference between trousers and a coat.....? :laugh:

OP
OP
Monkspeed

Monkspeed

The man who could not tell the difference between trousers and a coat.....? :laugh:

I was in such a blind rage, I wasn't even thinking straight!

In my defence though, I never took the item out of the bag it was in, and it was so bulky I just assumed it was a coat.

Anyway, its not as bad as mistaking a seatpost for a pair of trousers!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
But you do have to engage your brain while at work, even if it is only slightly!

I have come to the conclusion that some people think that the employer is only paying for the loan of their body for 8 hours, and that use of their mind is not included in the deal. How else could this kind of thing happen, or the example of the call centre idiot refusing to talk to my sister, insisting that our dead mother should phone up to close her own account! :wacko:

One gets the distinct impression that a lot of people are composing text messages with one hand while progressing through their customer service script with the other ... :whistle:

BSRU

A Human Being
I have had no problems with CRC, always one of the sites I check out when buying stuff.
Just bought a second pair of Campag 3/4 bib longs only £60, they cost me £110 last year but cheaper now because there 2011 stock but great 3/4s for people like me who do not enjoy wearing shorts.

OP
OP
Monkspeed

Monkspeed

I apologize for the initial knee-jerk reaction. Not really a review, more of a rant to let off some steam.

I immediately repackaged it and took to a local collect+ point, so that was good in that I didn't have to stand in the queue at the post office for twenty years. Lets see how quick they are to refund the money.

Top Bottom