My review of Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lard Armstrong

Veteran
I have had 3 consecutive bad experiences with Tredz.

1) Goods shown in stock but no show after 2 weeks, I had to contact them to sort it out.

2) Bought a jacket in the sale, received order confirmation, etc but again no show for the goods. My order 'went missing' from the system and I was offered the normal non sale price. Not happy.

3) Ordered a jersey, again showing in stock, told it would be another 3 days. A week later told it would be 2 more days. Then finally they called me to say they had been let down by the supplier and offered an alternative.

Despite all of the foregoing, they are super helpful and nice. They have a great web presence with well written articles, etc and their prices are good, but it makes it hard to go back given the competitive market.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I ordered a light bracket from CR monday for £2.99. Arrived today.
the light bracket is the size of a couple of 50p pieces. It arrived in a foot long box that the posty had to ring the bell to deliver.
Utter ridiculous.

Edit: and here's a pic

SDC13245.JPG

potsy

Rambler
the light bracket is the size of a couple of 50p pieces. It arrived in a foot long box that the posty had to ring the bell to deliver.
Utter ridiculous.

View attachment 14601
:laugh:
My CRC package was the same size but contained a Bottom bracket and a set of pedals, also took only 2 days from ordering to delivery, top stuff :thumbsup:

Have to agree with the above comment re Tredz, had a few issues with them and now only use them if they are the only place selling what I want, or they have a particularly good deal on :thumbsdown:

Boon 51

Veteran
I find any on line shopping is hard as you cant try nothing on.. without name dropping I can go to evanscycle's and buy it off the shelf for little or no difference in money..
Wiggle and Co must lose a load of trade as people cant try things on?
I have had stuff from Wiggle online and the order has been spot on..

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Utter ridiculous.

View attachment 14601

that's coz for them it's cheaper to send those size boxes out by the thousands than it is for smaller packages

musa

Über Member
amazon are like that with packaging...but on the plus side if your a hoarder :whistle:
great to keep and send something yourself :thumbsup:

ayceejay

Guru
I ordered on 30 October. Goods arrived today nicely packed and in perfect condition. I live in Quebec and have previously received stuff from the UK that has taken twice as long and arrived as if throUgh a sHredder. Chain Reaction gets my vote.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
my most recent delivery from CRC was in the same size box as above but contained a box load of stuff. Expecting another one today. The only observation I'd make is that ime some of their sale components are oem items, sent out in plastic bags, with no manufacturer packaging or instructions.

now the manufacturers boxes and bags etc just go in my bin and the instructions I get off the web so if I can get components at half-price from CRC because they are oem parts; I'm pretty happy tbh

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Utter ridiculous.

View attachment 14601

To be fair, most of my problem postal items (only two or three mind) have been small packets which have gone missing. They have all finally arrived but after some delay. I only send stuff out in big packets now.

Top Bottom