My review of Chain Reaction Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
Not cycle related, but me and my family ordered a lot of goods from Amazon before Christmas, everything arrived promptly, some goods from Amazon.de; so we're all sat around the tree with a glass of fizz opening up our presents, my mum opens her Cadfael DVD boxed set and is delighted, then she started to read the gubbins on the back - it was all in Dutch! So then my brother in law opens his nice shiny globe shaped lamp and upon further inspection all of the country names, date lines etc - you guessed it - written in German! Finally my brother hands me my last present - i open it, a massive weighty book - Stev Jobs' biography and of course that was in German too!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've ordered various bits from CRC, Wiggle, Tenn, SJS, Ebay (High on Bikes, Wooly hat shop etc.). So far have nothing but excellent service. The Tenn order I last placed was at 8:00 one evening and they came with postie next lunchtime. CRC I just got some bar tape I ordered Sat. night. It came Tues.

My only complaint might be the size of the packaging for some items from CRC. Large A4+ sized box, 2" deep with a replacement head for Blackburn pump seemed to be over kill.

I love the Tinterweb and spend hours browsing and price checking :becool:.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Never had an issues with CRC but like Ian mentioned in his earler post, I to am starting to use
http://ukbikestore.co.uk/pages/default.aspx alot more these days. Always had a first class service from these chaps.

Before submitting my order I've learned from experience to ring internet companies first to confirm that what they have displayed for sale is actually in stock.

will keep in mind albeit just did a search for cleats for my road shoes and they don't do them??

I can't help feeling that were there some human input into the system someone may have queried 3 orders from the same person, for the same item, withn 5 minutes of each other:rolleyes:

Working in mail order this is one of the things we get - "well, didn't you SEE that..."

Answer is no, we downloaded a batch of orders, all we see is order numbers, they are processed automatically and the first anyone sees your order is when they pick up the picking note. Only if the same operative happens to pick up all the picking notes (unlikely if consecutive)

Boon 51

Veteran
Never had an issues with CRC but like Ian mentioned in his earler post, I to am starting to use
http://ukbikestore.co.uk/pages/default.aspx alot more these days. Always had a first class service from these chaps.

Before submitting my order I've learned from experience to ring internet companies first to confirm that what they have displayed for sale is actually in stock.

I've had trouble with going to a shop that sells online stuff only to find that they haven't got the stuff it in the shop that I've gone to.. bummer

RiflemanSmith

I suffer with anxiety and do not like going in to shops, so I do all my shopping online and have done for years.
I breed and sell tarantulas which I buy and sell from all over Europe .
I just ordered a Mavic Plasma SLR helmet from CC and they were the cheapest.
The only time that I have ever had a problem with a parcel has been with Halfords!

One gets the distinct impression that a lot of people are composing text messages with one hand while progressing through their customer service script with the other ... :whistle:

When I worked 'on the phones' personal mobiles were banned during working hours, and even now in a non phone based role I think all personal mobiles should be banned still.

Hardrock93

Guru
I ordered a a Lezyne Alloy Drive mini pump from CRC (£21.99). The next day an unexpectedly large and heavy box arrived. Inside were six pumps and paperwork which confirmed I had only been charged for one. I emailed CRC and returned five using the Connect+ sticker. CRC credited me with a £20 goodwill voucher, so I was a well satisfied customer.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I love ordering stuff from CRC just to get the freebies they send! Energy gels, tablets, all kinds of stuff.Compare it to Wiggle who sent me small bag of Haribo once then you can see that CRC are very user friendly and want people to keep coming back to them. They are also health conscious.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
There will occasionally be a bad experience, they can't get everything right all the time (not that they shouldn't aspire to do so mind), unfortunately the OP was the one who drew the short straw. As others here have come forth and said, CRC are generally very good, I have only ever had good experiences with them. However, their website is beyond shoot, which is a shame, since it means I usually take my business elsewhere so as to avoid the frustration their website causes me.

HovR

Über Member
I love ordering stuff from CRC just to get the freebies they send! Energy gels, tablets, all kinds of stuff.Compare it to Wiggle who sent me small bag of Haribo once then you can see that CRC are very user friendly and want people to keep coming back to them. They are also health conscious.

I've ordered quite a few things from CRC but have never received any freebies. :sad:

I actually prefer ordering from Wiggle as I find they process items and post them quicker than CRC, although both offer a reasonable service.

Top Bottom