MyCyclingLog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Not that I took it seriously last year either :biggrin:

I'm languishing down in 100th place on our team, having a bit of a break this month, but hope to get back up to speed next month to help us along. The competition certainly helps motivate me - it was a bit of a problem on Cyclogs, that we had four times the mileage of the next team! This is much more like it, having some serious competition...

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Some replies:

rodc said:
Hi Auntie Helen,

A little friendly rivalry could be a fun thing.
icon_smile.gif
I'm pretty sure all the miles (kms) we've been logging are real road/dirt km. And no professionals either.

Looking forward to see how it pans out as the year goes on.

Oh, and you can keep Dannii!!!

Rod.

ozrider said:
Hi Aunty Helen

This is only a single forum based in Victoria (Bicycle Victoria), there appears to be a second group that is open to other riders across Australia. I think most of the heavy hitters use Bikejournal.com http://www.bikejournal.com/clubs_stat.asp.

Competition is always a good thing, we will have to encourage everyone to sign up as we only have a few at the moment.

(P.S. I noticed on your site that someone had made a point that our klm's are high because it is our summer, in reality unless you can get out early AM it is too damn hot to ride anywhere, our klm's will go up when it cools off a bit.)
and my reply:

Ozrider, that was me assuming you're in summer and that's a benefit. Maybe because the first two weeks of January was snowy and icy here in Britain and lots of us couldn't get out much, or at least go very far. I was hoping to come up with some reason why your lead is less significant, but I was really just making it up.

Lots of other CycleChatters log on Bikejournal but it's a bit too ad heavy and otherwise complicated for us. Cyclogs was really basic and easy to use and MyCyclingLog seems similar, although with a few more features, so it works better for us.

If we have to keep Dannii, could you send Hugh Jackman over here for us?

Garz

Squat Member
Does this have a yellow jersey feature like cyclogs or are we going to add that as a personal forum thing?

Madcyclist

Auntie Helen said:
Not that I took it seriously last year either :smile:

I'm languishing down in 100th place on our team, having a bit of a break this month, but hope to get back up to speed next month to help us along. The competition certainly helps motivate me - it was a bit of a problem on Cyclogs, that we had four times the mileage of the next team! This is much more like it, having some serious competition...

That's part of the reason why I stayed with the CycleSocial team last year. I was also on course for 12k last year although my target was only 8k until i had a flare up of back up problems brought on by training for our firms annual 10K run. I prefer the format of CycleSocial with the photo albums, blogs and twitter integration but the site is often very quite.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a couple of the FRNTTC rides before setting off, good test for the tourer and would be great to meet up with other members.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent stuff Helles, they sound like a good bunch.. always good for a bit of friendly rivalry.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
gavintc said:
Just having a good look around the cyclinglog site. It is possible to see the most prolific cyclists, highest speeds etc. For those interested in achieving the highest speed accolades - forget it. The site includes turbo, spin class and I 'suspect' an electric bike. My interest was raised when I start looking at the speeds some were posting and I started to wonder whether we have some top level cyclists on the site, so started to look around, checking out their posted rides etc. Oh well, at least my rides are 'unassisted'.
Gavin, I haven't been able to find this listing easily (i.e. overall mileage by individual user). Perhaps I'm being dense, but could you give me a hint of how to find it.

I'm eighth in the CC team so I'll be utterly appalling overall - rather a disappointment after being first overall in Cyclogs in September - but I'd still be interested to see it.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Garz said:
Does this have a yellow jersey feature like cyclogs or are we going to add that as a personal forum thing?
Dunno... I suppose we could have a forum one if it doesn't.

It's a shame we can't have the ticker visible in our signatures but there are no image codes for sigs. I suppose one could try to remember to post the link on the bottom of posts in this thread:

MyCyclingLogProgress

percrime

Auntie Helen said:
Even if it was six months ago!

Good luck matching Melbournes weather. Last week we had a 45 degree (Celcius) day.. the night time temperature fell to 32.. and the max the next day was 25.

Oh and the UV index is somewhat high at the moment. It varies from extreme to as low as extreme some days.

Top Bottom