MyCyclingLog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well I've posted on the Aussie site now!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I said:
Hi there!

I'm Auntie Helen from CycleChat (the administrator of our Group/team) and I thought I'd post to say hello.

We have appeared out of nowhere on MyCyclingLog as we used to log on http://www.cyclogs.org which has gone offline for what could be an extended period of time. So we needed to find somewhere else to log.

I have persuaded some (but not all) of the CycleChatters to log on MyCyclingLog. A bit of healthy competition is great so we're glad to have you Aussies as a target to aim at. It's all friendly rivalry, I think an earlier poster has got the wrong end of the stick - we're not accusing you of ball tampering or planning to tell you 'the rules', we're just letting you know that we're not logging Turbo Trainer miles as this did used to happen on Cyclogs. Oh, and the checking out of others to see if there were professionals was all the people logging on MyCyclingLog, not just you chaps!

We don't have any professional cyclists on our team, it's all commuting and leisure riding mostly. The team on Cyclogs did have a TTer who was rather effective but, despite my best blandishments, promises and efforts at persuading, he hasn't made the move. Which is a relief for you chaps. You have to contend with people like me, riding a recumbent tricycle with an average of 10.5mph (although I did do 12,000 miles last year).

Anyway we're looking forward to the competition this year against you chaps. Does it reset monthly (i.e. do we chase a monthly target) or does it add up the miles for the whole year?

Oh, and one of the team asked me to mention that we'll be very happy for you to have Dannii Minogue back whenever you want.

Waspie

Über Member
Auntie Helen said:
Yes, off-road miles - any miles where you're actually moving along on the bike - are OK. It's just the Turbo or Spinning Class miles that aren't quite cricket.

Cheers. Thought so, just didn't want to inadvertently cheat.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
For those whose browsers won't let you free of CycleChat, here's what they said earlier:

snuffy said:
Meh...

Poms and sports...

*snigger*

Helgirl said:
BTW guys I feel I must add my name to this list!

They are seriously worried over there, as they have begun to checkout the other threads to see if we've been 'ball tampering' by having elite riders as members (OK own up Blybo you got Cadel to sign up didn't you!!!) or on electric bikes (personally it's the kangaroo tied to the back of my Trek that gives it extra bounce!!)
Snuffy I'll probably PM you in the next couple of days...although I don't have a long week day commute.
Oh and they think you are clocking up the K's on trainers...and are planning on letting you guys know "the rules"

Oh and should point out to certain people....I have 2 passports British & Australian, do not appreciate my UK brethren hinting my Aussie mates cheat
icon_evil.gif

BTW they are going to have a fit when they all log in the Km's from the AAC
icon_lol.gif

GrasB

Veteran
"Helgirl" said:
Oh and they think you are clocking up the K's on trainers...and are planning on letting you guys know "the rules"
Someone didn't get the gist of our discussion. We were talking about our lot not theirs :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Typical Aussies, getting the wrong end of the stick.:biggrin:.. you had better let them know Helles..

GrasB said:
Someone didn't get the gist of our discussion. We were talking about our lot not theirs :biggrin:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I hope I made it clear in the post above that I left on their forum (I've edited it a bit so it's crystal).

Now can any of you pop round to Aran20's and twist his arm to join our team here? And what about those Scottish Splitters?

Top Bottom