MyCyclingLog

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madcyclist

Keith Oates said:
Good luck with the house move and the planning for the trip. I think the Thorn Sherpa would be a good frame to have, will you build it up yourself or just make the spec and let Thorn put it together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Keith, I'm not planning to build it myself as I'll probably be short of room for the next few months as I'll only be renting a room until I set off. I'm calling Thorn during the week to ensure that the Sherpa will be able to carry the weight as they build the smaller frame sizes in smaller gauge tubing. My other options are either a Roberts Rough Stuff or a Koga Miyata World traveller, preference bing a steel frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madcyclist19/4299479021/sizes/l/in/set-72157613196417990/

set-72157613196417990

set-72157613196417990

gavintc

Guru
Can I propose that the Cycle Chat team only log road miles. Perhaps we need a short statement on this from our team leader on the matter as I would prefer our position on the cyclinglog leader board to based on good British principles of fair play.

I for one would not be comfortable defending our position to the Australians if we have been found to have scuffed up the edges of the ball.

Arch

Married to Night Train
potsy said:
I notice Arch has managed to see into the future and pre-logged a ride on the 26th July 2010.Well done Arch can you let me know next weeks lotto numbers please,PM only don't want everyone knowing;)

:rofl:

Yeah sorry about that... Changed now...

Sealed bids please for the winner of the Grand National, the name of the next prime minister, and a day by day weather forecast for June....

gavintc said:
Can I propose that the Cycle Chat team only log road miles. Perhaps we need a short statement on this from our team leader on the matter as I would prefer our position on the cyclinglog leader board to based on good British principles of fair play.

Sounds fair, although if I've already logged my rides 7 months in advance...:rofl:

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I like that they've spotted us.

I have added the sentence to our description that it's no turbo miles, only genuine on-the-road miles. We've got to have some fair competitions with the Aussies after all!

GrasB

Veteran
Well today didn't go to plan but it's added another 86 miles to our total, it also leaves me with 2 commute days from the 1000 mile barrier ;), that means I should be a group ride & 3 commute days above target or around 200 miles!

PS. I like carbon frames

TVC

That's me under way. The first outing since October so the legs had forgotten what they had to do. Also distracted by seeing lambs in a field - little ones, a week or so old. For a moment the world seemed not to make sense because I'm sure lambs shouldn't be about until March.

TVC

Auntie Helen said:
I like that they've spotted us.

I have added the sentence to our description that it's no turbo miles, only genuine on-the-road miles. We've got to have some fair competitions with the Aussies after all!

Perhaps you should send them that photo of you in your friends work gear so they know who we've got on our side. ;)

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Actually I am in the process of registering on their site (a Mod has to approve me) and then I shall tell them that us Poms don't cheat, none of those turbo miles, and that we're in the middle of an ice age.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Velvet Curtain said:
That's me under way. The first outing since October so the legs had forgotten what they had to do. Also distracted by seeing lambs in a field - little ones, a week or so old. For a moment the world seemed not to make sense because I'm sure lambs shouldn't be about until March.

Depends when the ewes were tupped - many farmers spread tupping out, so as to spread lambing (and eventually income) out too. With modern improved breeds they often come indoors to lamb, so it can be controlled more.

Those you saw today will be half way to edible by March!;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Auntie Helen said:
Actually I am in the process of registering on their site (a Mod has to approve me) and then I shall tell them that us Poms don't cheat, none of those turbo miles, and that we're in the middle of an ice age.

Perhaps we should all post our most extreme "Yes, I cycled, in this!" pics (except I don't have any, I was too busy staying upright to take pics...) to make a point....;)

We might be on the verge of starting a diplomatic incident, you know!

Waspie

Über Member
Erm... daft question probably, but I'm going to ask anyway.

I presume the on road cycling only description on the Cyclechat group includes off road miles?

I'm planning on doing some mountain biking if the snow on the hills ever decides to bugger off.

Top Bottom