Myths and Rebuttals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy 71

Another thing peds seem to do nowadays is something really counter-intuitive, i.e. look away from the direction of traffic when crossing the road.

When I was a kid, we had David Prowse in a spandex suit and Kevin Keegan, running through a well-rehearsed drill that seems to have disappeared into the vaults of history. I'm a little too young to remember the one with Alvin Stardust though.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I had a group of men in suits walk right in front of me when I had a green light a couple of months ago. A couple of them noticed and were shuffling the others across so I called out 'Tell you what boys, I'll respect the reds if you respect the greens yeah?'

They had the good grace to giggle and apologise

Dan B

Disengaged member
Andy 71 said:
Many peds (quite rightly so) remind RLJers that the lights mean STOP, but then fail to take their own advice, walking out when the little man is red.
Which, incidentally, is perfectly legal to do (and long may it remain so)

coruskate said:
Which, incidentally, is perfectly legal to do (and long may it remain so)

You wont say that when they throw themselves under your wheels.

Still the thousand pound bike I wrecked in the process was easily replaceable.(Not)

Andy 71 said:
Another thing peds seem to do nowadays is something really counter-intuitive, i.e. look away from the direction of traffic when crossing the road.

Yes I have noticed that and it's very worrying.

Andy 71 said:
What, yours look at all?!? xx( ;)
The ones I come across seem to just drift out into the road...

Cycling to work yesterday got to Mile End just past the tube station and traffic light junction heading towards Whitechapel.

I glance to my right and this huge 4x4 with a bloke driving adorns the scene.

I notice the bloke is filing his nails even though he is following a car in front (no hands on steering wheel)...So I shout "Lovely nails dear" and just sort of wave and then notice he throws the nail file down onto the passenger seat.

Don't make too much of it because I have been there before where the driver turns into a total imbecile and tries to take my life or at least intimidate me by cutting me up.

gouldina

Andy 71 said:

Particularly if it's one way. You only need to look the way the traffic won't be coming.

rustychisel

dunno if this qualifies, but it was a good way to shut up the fat f**kstick in the 4WD.

Him: YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THE ROAD!!

Me: You should be back at home...

Him: [scratches head]... huh???

Me: Yes, I'm just going 'round there to f**k your wife.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
rustychisel said:
dunno if this qualifies, but it was a good way to shut up the fat f**kstick in the 4WD.

Him: YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THE ROAD!!

Me: You should be back at home...

Him: [scratches head]... huh???

Me: Yes, I'm just going 'round there to f**k your wife.

Now now... lets be fair...

We've all f***ed his wife. :eek:

Top Bottom