Myths and Rebuttals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

dondare said:
"Bikes are for kids. Grown-ups drive cars."

"When my legs stop working I'll get a car; and when my cock stops working I'll get a car just like yours."
:ohmy:

I'll need to remember that one!:smile:

ramses

I'm all for having a go back at drivers, as some are just plain ignorant.

I have clipped one cars wing mirror, mainly because the driver gave me no room as he veered towards the curb, whilst passing me. I gave him a foul mouthed response, and left him to his queue of traffic. Always a nice feeling!

However I then read this article which is quite shocking, and makes you wonder if it's worth doing anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-cyclist-revenge-knocking-wing-mirror.html

The number of cars who have hit my funny bone with their wing mirrors is quite shocking...

And when it is at 30MPH plus, it tingles for quite a few hours.

Adrian

ramses said:

I have clipped one cars wing mirror, mainly because the driver gave me no room as he veered towards the curb, whilst passing me. I gave him a foul mouthed response, and left him to his queue of traffic. Always a nice feeling!

However I then read this article which is quite shocking, and makes you wonder if it's worth doing anything.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-cyclist-revenge-knocking-wing-mirror.html

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

http://www.dailymail...ing-mirror.html

At the end of the day it's not worth 'having a go' at anyone... you never know who's going to turn psycho!

So... are bells a legal requirement or not?

Bluescouse1

I always find that if you totlay ignore any tossers that insult you
or suggest you dont pay road tax
it really kills them more if you don't answer them what so ever
in fact don't even look their way
there is nowt more degrading than being totaly ignored

myth,,you dont pay road tax so you should not use the road
rebuttal.. shrug your shoulders and smile

piss them right off

AuraTodd

Über Member
Get off the %^&$ road

Rebuttal: Same to you you fat arshed lardy overwight halfwit.

Davidc

Guru
Yesterday. Just after stopping at a set of lights. Driver I'd prevented from getting past me by riding through obstructions in 'primary' put his window down.

Driver. You should be on the cycle path

Me. You should be at the Gym

Driver. You calling me fat?

Me. No just using my eyes.

Driver. At least I pay road tax.

Me. At least I dont pay fuel tax. (a certain amount of licence here as I do also drive a car)

Driver. Only 'cos you can't afford a f****ng car.

Me. Neither can you by the look of it.

At which point the lights changed, and I headed on into town. He tried but never did catch me up. I waved at him while locking my bike to a stand. I think his wave suggested that he was going to buy 2 bikes but I may have misinterpreted it.

thomas

the tank engine
Yesterday. Just after stopping at a set of lights. Driver I'd prevented from getting past me by riding through obstructions in 'primary' put his window down.

Driver. You should be on the cycle path

Me. You should be at the Gym

Driver. You calling me fat?

Me. No just using my eyes.

Driver. At least I pay road tax.

Me. At least I dont pay fuel tax. (a certain amount of licence here as I do also drive a car)

Driver. Only 'cos you can't afford a f****ng car.

Me. Neither can you by the look of it.

At which point the lights changed, and I headed on into town. He tried but never did catch me up. I waved at him while locking my bike to a stand. I think his wave suggested that he was going to buy 2 bikes but I may have misinterpreted it.

LOL!
biggrin.gif
...If I was drinking tea you'd of owed me a new laptop. thankfully I wasn't; my house mates just think I had a laughing spasm :tongue:

lcjohnny

Here in Bristol, I'd say about 50% of cyclists RLJ. My usual response to a motorist pointing this out is "you're quite right about RLJing. Most motorists break the speed limit - which do you think is more dangerous?".

Yep in Bristol tons of cyclists RLJ and very very few cars or other vehicles RLJ

But imho this is much much worse than breaking a speed limit - yes that is illegal but not activley endangering others.

but crossing against the lights? These prats are either doing it for the adrenalin or pissed or stoned so as far as I can see no other road user should give them any consideration?

martynjc1977

Veteran
Yep in Bristol tons of cyclists RLJ and very very few cars or other vehicles RLJ

But imho this is much much worse than breaking a speed limit - yes that is illegal but not activley endangering others.

but crossing against the lights? These prats are either doing it for the adrenalin or pissed or stoned so as far as I can see no other road user should give them any consideration?

Please go back under your bridge/rock. You cant possibly believe that speeding is ok, when it's a factor in most road collisions involving a death. The speed limit is just that, a limit, not a target.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Please go back under your bridge/rock. You cant possibly believe that speeding is ok, when it's a factor in most road collisions involving a death. The speed limit is just that, a limit, not a target.

+1

I suppose he might believe speeding is OK, but that would make him a James Blunt. And of course it's complete rubbish that hardly any motorvehicles jump red lights. On my commute, I see more doing it than cyclists. Fine all of them as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom